Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "In The Eye of the Storm"


Ryan Stevenson's song "Eye of the Storm" played on the radio on our way home from board meeting last night. It was on my mind this morning when I woke up. The lyrics speak of major 'storms' in life and the fact we need to trust God through them. We also need to trust Him in minor 'storms' of life. Sometimes the 'storms' are so powerful we feel like we can't catch our breath. The things we go through are as strong as hurricane winds. There are times our world shakes such as in an earthquake while other times it's like a little thunder storm. No matter what we go through we will be blessed when we lean into God's strength and allow Him to be our anchor. Even when a 'storm' surprises us it does not surprise God. He knows everything before it happens and is prepared to take care of things. He is there to love us through the 'storms' of life so He will be glorified through them. He is there to give us exactly what we need as we allow Him. I had a couple conversations yesterday with ones going through some major 'storms' in their life. My heart breaks for them and I wish there were something I could do. I know God uses 'storms' to teach us lessons and to take us deeper in our faith. I pray these they will do just that. I pray they will realize God is not only there for them but desires for them to draw closer to Him. I think of Proverbs 3:5-6 of how when we trust Him He will take care of things. Nick and I discussed verse six in Sunday School this week. We talked about how we need to listen to God so we can do what He desires of us. We focused on verse six in The Message. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. No matter if we are in the middle of a small or major 'storm' in life we need to listen to God. When we do, we will be blessed in abundance with knowing He is in control. I took this picture last fall on a foggy morning. I had gone out to see sunrise but it was too foggy. I remember thinking that day about how even though I could not see the sun rise I knew it would because I trust God every day that He will make it happen. I remember thinking that morning about how there are times in life when things seem foggy and we struggle with what to do or say. Nothing is ever foggy for God. He has a crisp outlook on all things. The more we strive to be Christ-like the more we will have that same outlook. When life becomes foggy, we have Him as our beacon of light to guide us. 

In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
And in the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug mowing not just our yard but the church yard! Thank You for the beautiful weather You are blessing us with! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Beacon of Light! Amen.  

No comments: