Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Isaiah 43:18-19 - "Somebody To You"



I woke up with a song Rachael Lampa sings called "Somebody To You" and pondering upon these words...

Don't gotta be somebody when I'm already somebody to you
Got nothing to prove anymore
Here's nothing to lose anymore, oh
You're gonna keep on loving me for more than just the things that I do
I'll sing it till there's no doubt
Nobody can count me out
Cause I'm already somebody to you

These words mean so much to all who will allow God to be in charge of their life. We do not have to please anyone other than God although some try to please everyone. Life is hard. Expectations others put on us are hard. Expectations we put on ourselves are hard. Sometimes we allow our past to bear on our future. God forgives and forgets and we need to do the same. When we repent, He cleans our slate so to speak. Too many times we hold onto the 'junk' of life which in turn gives the enemy an open door. Sometimes I feel like I just want to run away and do a reset but that wouldn't do any good if I did not allow God to be Who He desires to be in my life.  I love the reminder in this song that I am  The one you've already chosen.  Woo hoo! He chose me! He created me! He knows my flaws yet He still loves me! As I go throughout my day I will remember these things and allow Him to encourage me to keep on moving forward even when I want to quit. Sometimes this world seems like a wilderness as Isaiah spoke of in Isaiah 43. The thing I must remember is God is with me in the wilderness and in the gardens of life. He will do a new thing in my life as I allow Him. I pray for revelation on what He wants to change in my life and how He will be glorified through it. I pray for transformation to occur as He desires.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the accomplishments of yesterday for both Doug and I! Thank You for a new day ahead and the way You will do a new thing in my life as Isaiah spoke of in Isaiah 43. Cleanse me so You can be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through times in a 'wilderness' to find Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Transformer! Amen.  

No comments: