Saturday, October 14, 2023

Psalm 108 - "Thank God"

The Lord took me to Psalm 108 this morning. David combined parts of Psalm 57 and Psalm 60 together to write this Psalm. The first five verses are David thanking God for empowering him to fight his enemies. The enemies he was writing about were Babylon and Edom. He wrote this Psalm when he was no longer exiled to Babylon and allowed to go back to home. This Psalm made me think about times I feel like the world is against me. There are many times where I feel like I can't do anything right for many. God reminded me I am not to please others but I am to please Him. If I am to love everyone as His Word tells me over and over again then how am I not to please them? Once again He reminded me He is the One I need to please. When others ideas align with His, then people will be happy with me. If they have their own agenda, they will be upset. Verses twelve and thirteen read in the VOICEHelp us against our enemy; we need Your help!  It’s useless to trust in the hand of man for liberation, Only through God can we be successful. It is God alone who will defeat our enemies and bring us victory! Man cannot do for us what God can. Many times we look to man to 'fix' our problems only to be disappointed. We must go to God first and allow Him to reveal His plan to us. God also woke me up with a song Kane sings called "Thank God" and I wondered how Psalm 108 and this song meshed together. He reminded me of the spring of 2022 when I prayed for a man and He told me He already had one for me. He also told me it was a man I already knew. Those words were perplexing but I waited for His revelation. It was nine months later Doug came back into my life after forty plus years. I asked God if this was the man He had for me and He answered, "Yes Daughter." There were many people who thought our relationship moved too fast. Many were skeptical about us getting married so quickly. I am thankful God was in the midst of our decisions. The three strand cord we did in our Ohio ceremony was symbolic of how we built our relationship from the start. One of the many aspects of my life that has been enriched through Doug is having him not only pray for me but with me. Many times having him pray over me brought tears to my eyes.

I thank God I get to wake up by your side
And thank God your hand fits perfectly in mine
And thank God you loved me when you didn't have to
But you did and you do and He knew
Thank God for giving me you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for bringing Doug back into my life! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace You pour down upon us every day! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will hear/see You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: