Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "Heaven Changes Everything"

Yesterday as I was lamenting to God I clearly heard Him say, "Rest in Me." I was pouring my heart out to Him about multiple situations in life. I know He already knows all but when we talk to Him it helps us. His words "Rest in Me" encouraged me greatly. Life can be so overwhelming at times. I have to remind myself God is here for me at all time. He knows all the hurts of life and He also knows how I will handle them. He knows when I will cave to the enemy and when I will stand strong in my faith. Soon after my conversation where God spoke to me yesterday I took this picture. Wow, God! The light streaming down reminded me He not only looks down upon me but is always there for me. His love comes down upon me in 'good' times and 'tough' times. His grace and mercy pour over me when I make 'bad' decisions, say 'wrong' things, or don't do opportunities God puts before me. This morning God woke me to the song "Heaven Changes Everything" and I immediately started thinking about the 'junk' of this world. I am so ready to go to be with the Lord and be done with all the things we deal with here. These words are on my heart...

In the light of eternity, I have this hope                                                                                        You hold my heart and I'm never alone                                                                                      One day, You're coming back                                                                                                      One day, I'm coming home                                                                                                      Thank You, Jesus                                                                                                                 Heaven changes everything

"Heaven changes everything"...yes it does! Eternity with Christ gives me hope in this world when life makes me feel hopeless. When I want to just give up, He encourages me to continue pressing forward. I am reminded of Paul's words in Philippians 3 where he encourages me to press toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Paul went through hell on this earth over and over yet continued to stand firm in his faith. I need to take the 'bumps in the road' as he did and stand firm in my faith. Sometimes that is easier said than done yet it is doable with God's strength and wisdom. Lord, help me be stronger.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beauty of Your creation Doug and I saw yesterday on the train ride! Thank You for the safety on the roads and keeping the deer alongside the road! Thank You for speaking to me yesterday and waking me with "Heaven Changes Everything" this morning! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over not only myself but many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, Pastor Donna and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! Thank You for being My Prize! Amen.

No comments: