Saturday, October 7, 2023

Nehemiah 8:10; Psalm 79 - "Joy In The Morning"



As I read the laments of David in Psalm 79 I think about how God must get tired of our laments. At times I wonder if He gets fed up when we pray for the same thing over and over. I wonder if we are showing a lack of faith when we repeat our prayers but I think most of the time it is that we repeat prayers for our own sake. We repeat prayers to encourage ourselves not to change God's mind. Sometimes my prayer request lists is so long it is overwhelming. Sometimes when prayer requests come in I become so emotional the tears fall. Sometimes... I am so thankful to not only have God to talk to but for the way He uses me as a prayer warrior for others. My heart breaks for so many going through 'tough' days but especially for those who are not in relationship with God. I can't imagine coping with life's challenges without God. I am once again reminded of Ezra's words in Nehemiah 8:10 the joy of the Lord is your strength. Matthew Henry wrote of this verseThe better we understand God's word, the more comfort we find in it; the darkness of trouble arises from the darkness of ignorance. The people were listening to Ezra read the Law and accepting it. The more we get into God's Word the more we will accept it to be our guide for daily living. No matter if we are on the mountaintop or in the valley His Word guides us. I am reminded of Tauren Wells song "Joy In The Morning" and praying for many to find God's joy....

Everything happens for a reason
But you don't know what you don't know
And you'll never have peace if you don't let go of tomorrow
'Cause it ain't even faith 'til your plan falls apart
But you still choose to follow
If it doesn't make sense right now
It will when it's over
There will be joy in the morning

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Doug who takes care of me so well! Thank You for this dizziness being less! Cleanse me so all I meet today will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray You peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.  

No comments: