Friday, October 27, 2023

Psalm 4 - "Big God"

The Lord took me to Psalm 4 this morning and reminded me of His words spoken to me earlier in the week. "Rest in Me." David wrote this Psalm when he needed to feel the Lord's closeness. He was going through a 'tough' time and needed encouraged. I need to feel His closeness and need encouraged as I deal with physical issues. My back pain is worsening instead of getting better. Normally when I have a flair-up by this time it would be back to normal. Along with the back pain the day for my ultrasound is here. The result of it will determine if I have a procedure in the office or there will be surgery at the hospital. Too bad these two issues aren't related so they could be taken care of at the same time. As I read Psalm 4 I am focusing on the very last verse. It reads in the NIV, In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. There is peace when we rest in His presence. There is encouragement when we reflect on where we have been in life and where we are now. There is always His love poured down upon us. When I feel like giving up, I am reminded God has a purpose for me. When I feel like I cannot handle anymore pain, I am reminded there is a purpose for the pain and that is to glorify Him. I have the song "Big God" going through my mind this morning...

Stronger...Than your brokenness
Deeper...Than your dreams not seen yet
Greater...Than your greatest fear
Bigger...He's so much bigger
Stronger...When I couldn't get up
Deeper...I could always feel Your love
Greater...You're picking me up
Bigger...I could always feel Your love
Man I'm counting on a Big God, Big God
When trouble comes around the way
Only remedy for big odds
Is a Big God (Big God)
Ain't nobody gonna shake my faith
No I'm not afraid
Throw my hands up in praise
For the times that He pulled me through
No I'm not afraid of the things that I face cause I know what I've seen Him do
I'm counting on big God
That they can't stop (Big God)
He's a Big God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being a "Big God" during these 'tough' days! I pray you will be with me with whatever the ultrasound results are today. I also pray for favor when I call the back doctor. Thank You for all the ways Doug takes care of me especially in these days! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over not only myself but many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, Pastor Donna and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! Thank You for being My 'Big God'! Amen.

No comments: