Saturday, September 30, 2023

Psalm 37:4-6 - "Goodness of God"

God is so good to provide what we need. Yesterday was a perfect example of that. Due to circumstances at home Doug was unable to be with me for the funeral until those circumstances changed. I was so grateful when he walked into the church. It wasn't that I 'had' to have him there but it sure helps to have support in such times. He drove me to the cemetery which was another blessing as I was emotionally and physically drained. Afterward we had a nice lunch out, went back to the church to take care of things, home, and then after rest time we went back into town to walk. Another blessing God provided was the beautiful sunset. Just after we crossed over back onto the island the bridge shut-down. It was another blessing to be on 'our side' when that happened. I asked God to provide mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual strength yesterday and He did. I asked Him to use me to be there for the family and He did. I asked Him to bless my day and He did. He does not bless me because i am someone special. He blesses all who will accept His blessings. Some people are afraid to accept them. They think there are strings attached and God will demand something from them. That is not the way it is at all. He blesses us because He loves us. This morning before starting my day I was blessed with Doug holding me and praying over me. I was blessed while writing for him to bring me a cup of coffee. We had unexpected guests that we were blessed with coming to spend the night. I will be blessed as I make them breakfast before they continue on their way. Having their dog to love on was another blessing. We never know when blessings will show up. We need to look for them at all time. They are as much a part of our life as breathing when we accept them. I am praying today to be a day where I can be a blessing to all I have contact with. I desire to be a blessing as much as I can be for the Lord. This morning I have a song Toby Mac sings called "The Goodness" on my mind...

Ain't no doubt about You
Everywhere that I go
You keep showin' up
Lord, You make me wanna shout it, oh
You're the goodness in my life
And I'ma tell you my truth
They may come, they may go
You keep showin' up, sure do
Ain't no doubt about it
You are, You are the goodness in my life

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the opportunity You gave me to love on the Daggett Family and the way You made it possible for Doug to be with me for part of the time! Thank You for John and April who stopped to spend the night with us! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Lord, be so close to Praise Assembly Church with the sudden death of their pastor. Thank You for Mr. John being moved to rehab! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.  

No comments: