Thursday, October 19, 2023

James 1 - "Our God"

God woke me with the song "Our God" this morning. These words are a comfort when we are going through difficult times. Some of the most difficult times to experience is times of waiting. Waiting to hear about a new job. Waiting in a waiting room for a loved one to have surgery. Waiting on God to give direction on the next step in a situation. Waiting for a check in the mail when finances are tight. Waiting for an upcoming medical test that could result in a major change in life. All of these situations can be difficult. The waiting time will either break you or strengthen your faith. We all have the choice to make on whether we trust God throughout the waiting times or allow the enemy to cause us to cave into his ways. God took me to James 1 this morning to encourage me to stay strong in my faith. The first few verses in The Passion Translation reads, My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties, see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! For you know that when your faith is tested  it stirs up in you the power of endurance. And then as your endurance grows even stronger, it will release perfection into every part of your being until there is nothing missing and nothing lacking. These words encourage me to keep on putting one foot in front of the other even when I feel like I cannot do so. They encourage me to keep my focus on Him so the enemy does not have an open door into my life. Verses six through eight show me I do not need to doubt but instead need to stand firm in my faith. Verse twelve is the 'icing on the cake for me' as I strive to stand in His strength no matter comes my way. The words to "Our God" are going through my mind as I read James 1. I am so blessed to know my God is greater than anything. When I saw this butterfly on our morning walk yesterday, I saw it had tear in one of its wings yet it was still flying. It reminded me of the scars we have and yet when we have the Lord in our life we still function. Some of our scars can be seen from physical issues while others are unseen from emotional, mental, and relational pains in life. No matter what scars we have we need to remember...

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God! Our God!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for all the work Doug accomplished both here at the house and at the church! Thank You for Ms Carol who decorated the church! Thank You for my back hurting less! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for all going through difficult days to think about Your greatness in their life. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! I pray Brian and his family will feel Your strength with the loss of Ruth. Thank You for being My Great God! Amen.

No comments: