Sunday, October 8, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Blessings"

Seasons of life can be both 'hard' and exciting. They can be rewarding yet at times feel so overwhelming. I am thankful for Doug who puts life into perspective. I am thankful for his analytical mind that explains things. I am especially grateful for God bringing him into my life. Being in the 'golden years of life' is not always enjoyed. Statistics say one out of every three people our age suffer from depression, Alzheimer's, anxiety, dementia, etc. I am grateful we both are mentally healthy. I am grateful we only have minor aches and pains for our age. We both have been through cancer. Doug had a heart stint and I have Multiple Sclerosis but are overall healthy. These last few days with me having dizziness that causes me to be off balance have been a bit unnerving. Anytime there is something unusual that could be MS I wonder what is ahead. God asked me, 'Daughter, do you trust me?' My answer is always the same with 'yes'! Last night before going to bed, at 2:30AM, and again this morning I prayed for pastors who will be in the pulpit today to have God's strength. Many will be tired and discouraged. Many will be dealing with physical issues such as myself. I prayed God's strength over all of us. I prayed for encouragement to be had by all from those around them. I know as I go into the pulpit I will be standing upon Proverbs 3:5-6 trusting God for His mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual strength to not just through the sermon but to glorify Him through it. This morning I have Laua Story's song "Blessings" going through my mind...

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug who takes care of me so well! Thank You for the day ahead and the way You will be glorified through me! Cleanse me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for all pastors to preach what You so desire. I pray for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength for all. I pray those going through difficult days will not only be in relationship with You but will trust You. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.  

No comments: