Sunday, October 22, 2023

I John 4:17-19 - "Perfectly Loved"

God woke me up with "Perfectly Loved" going through my mind. It reminded me of times in the past when I felt unworthy of His love because of something I did or didn't do or something I said or didn't say. I thought about so many who are struggling with feeling unworthy and immediately prayed for them to realize these words as truth...

Even when you were runnin'
Even when you were hidin' (Oh-oh)
Never been a moment that you were not perfectly loved
When you barely believed it (When you barely believed it)
When your eyes couldn't see it
Every single moment, you've always been perfectly loved

Yes! God perfectly loves us every single moment of every day. He loves us because we are His children. He loves us because He has a purpose for our lives. He loves us because He wants us to realize the importance of loving with His love. He does not always love the things we do or say but He still loves us. His love is unconditional and unwavering. We need to strive to love others in this manner. Because He is God His love is perfect. Our love for others cannot be perfect because we are not Him but the more we strive to be like Him the closer our love will be perfect. Seeing a smile on someone's face when I love them with His love is priceless. Watching tears turn into a smile warms my heart. God put me on this earth to love others and I pray I will get better at doing so every day. I pray He will give me many opportunities in the day ahead to love on those who need to know His love in a mighty way. I pray for those hurting to be comforted and those who feel like rejoicing to be encouraged to do so. Yesterday Doug and I took off in the morning and went places we have never been before. It was a fun day with God blessing us with safe travels, beautiful weather, lots of laughs, good conversation, and memories made. It was a 'perfect' day to celebrate our relationship together and our relationship with God. Woo hoo! Many times I think about people who are struggling with loneliness and pray they will find comfort in knowing God loves them and is there for them. I pray for those who are seeking a godly relationship to find their 'Doug' who will love them with God's love. I pray for those hurting to be comforted in knowing God has a plan for their hurt.

Dear Jesus, Thank You so much for the wonderful day Doug and I had yesterday exploring new places! Cleanse me so I can be who You desire me to be. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I prayed last night and again this morning for not only myself but for all pastors preaching today to be attuned to the Holy Spirit's direction. I pray for those going through difficult days to know they are "Perfectly Loved" by You. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, Pastor Donna and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! Thank You for being My Love! Amen.

No comments: