Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Hold On"

Yesterday started off crisp yet beautiful. We spent as much of the day outside as we could to enjoy the beautiful weather. We walked in town in the morning along with running some errands. We stopped in at the antique mall and found a cute turtle for the yard. We browsed a couple other little shops on our walk but knew they were well above our price range but it is always fun to look! We went home for lunch before getting ready for my doctor appointment. After my appointment we went to Fort Frederick and talked to some men fishing and sat for a bit once again to enjoy the weather. We stopped out at the landing at the end of Middle Road on the way home to enjoy the sunshine. Doug decided we needed to go out for dinner to someplace where we could sit outside so we headed out to Johnson Creek Tavern for a delicious seafood dinner. Watching the sunset from there was the end of a near perfect day. Many times throughout the day I thought, 'I wish I could talk to Momma.' Oh how I miss her. I know God has seasons of life for us but some seasons are so much harder than others. This season of adjusting to my Momma being gone is so, so hard. I especially miss talking with her. Daily phone calls were the norm since my move to South Carolina. The last three weeks of her life with her being in the nursing home were hard with only phone calls when Pam or someone would visit her and call me. I think God used those three weeks to prepare me for now. So many times I think, 'I wish Momma could see this' or 'Momma would love knowing about this...' She often told me she felt like she was here with the way I described things to her. Yesterday's weather and all we did outside were things I would have explained to herl. Up until her last few months she would get on Facebook to see pictures and would be so thrilled. I just miss doing life with her so much. My heart breaks yet I know she is no longer in pain or struggling for breath. Even with having this knowledge my heart still hurts. Yesterday when I found out my friend Ashley lost her unborn twins my heart broke for her. I cannot even being to imagine the pain she must feel. I prayed for her to have God's strength to get through these days. I know God has a plan for all He does but sometimes it is hard to understand. I am thankful for His Word that encourages us to keep on when we feel like quitting. In the letter the Prophet Jeremiah sent to those exiled there our words of this nature. The words found in Jeremiah 29:11-14 encourage me to continue to put one foot in front of the other when I feel like giving up. They remind me God has a plan for me and I need to stay focused on Him to live out such plan. I have the lyrics to a song Katy Nicole sings called "Hold On" going through my mind this morning...

Hold on just a little bit longer
I know it's gonna be okay
These days are gonna make you stronger
You'll find purpose in the pain
Hold on just a little bit longer
Deep down there's a well of faith
Let hope arise as you're lifting up my name
And just hold on
Just hold on, hold on

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the gorgeous weather yesterday that Doug and I enjoyed so much! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over Ashley and her family along with many others during these tough days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Encourager! Amen.  

No comments: