Sunday, October 15, 2023

Psalm 61 - "Praise You In This Storm"



The Lord took me to Psalm 61 this morning which is a prayer of protection David wrote. God protects us many times when we are not even aware of it. His protection comes from being the wonderful Father He is to all. He does not pick and choose but lavishes His love over everyone. The last part of verse two in The Passion Translation is where I am today. When I'm feeble and overwhelmed by life, guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered. My body is not functioning properly. Last week when I went into the pulpit I was struggling with dizziness. This week I am experiencing back pain. God will be my strength. He has been in the past and He will continue to do so. I know it in my mind but sometimes when in pain it is hard to live in such knowledge. The last part of verse seven reads, Let me live my days walking in grace and truth before you. This is what I desire in my life. God knows my heart. He knows I am like David and can say the beginning of verse five with great meaning. You have heard my sweet resolutions to love and serve you, for I am your beloved. I also am like David in the way I will strive to praise and glorify Him through the day ahead. Verse eight reads, And my praises will fill the heavens forever, fulfilling my vow to make every day a love-gift to you! I have "Praise You In This Storm" on my mind this morning as I not only pray for myself but other pastors who may be struggling with pain. Some may have physical pain while others may have mental, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual pains in life.

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Psalm 61 which reminds me to praise You no matter what is happening in life! Thank You for Doug who takes care of me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I prayed throughout the night for pastors who will be in the pulpit this morning. I prayed specifically for those who are struggling including myself to feel Your empowerment. I pray for many going through difficult days to feel Your healing touch. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! Thank You for being My Glory Maker! Amen.

No comments: