Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Genesis 22; Hebrews 11; Romans 8:28 - "Jireh"

I had a dream last night where I was asked what God's title Jireh meant. I woke up this morning with the song "Jireh" and thought 'Wow, God! You sure know how to make a point!' I went to Genesis 22 and read the story of Abraham and Isaac. God told Abraham to take his son Isaac up the mountain to be sacrificed. Abraham walked in faith to do as God commanded him. At the last moment God stopped Abraham and provided a ram to be sacrificed instead of Isaac. Abraham trusted God and God provided. We read in Hebrews 11 of Abraham  having great faith in knowing whatever the outcome of the situation God would provide what he needed. Abraham named the place on the mountain Jehovah-Jireh which means 'God will provide.' When Abraham calls God Jehovah-Jireh, it is deeply personal. He trusted God to provide what was needed and that is exactly what God did. How much do I trust God to provide for me? How often does my trust falter when God doesn't provide in my time? It was because of Abraham's great faith that Isaac became part of Jesus' lineage. God not only fulfilled His promise to Abraham to provide but He used him to bring Jesus into the world. God sees the little things we need and even things we desire. He also sees the big things. He sees all and provides as He sees fit. Abraham was in close relationship with God. That is why he could trust Him so deeply. I desire to be in such relationship with Him so my faith will go deeper. I know He knows all even before I speak. I also know He knows what is best for me in every situation and need to trust Him more. I need to ask for forgiveness for times I doubt or manipulate. I need to stand upon Romans 8:28 as I trust Him with every aspect of my life.

Jireh, (You are) You are enough
(You are) Jireh, (You are)
You are enough (So I will be)
I will be content
In every circumstance
Jireh, (He is always enough)
You are enough

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder You are enough! Thank You for Scripture and music that remind me to trust You with every aspect of life. Forgive me when I doubt. Cleanse me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for Doug who takes care of me so well! Thank You for being with many going through difficult days. May they realize You are enough. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! I pray Brian and his family will feel Your strength with the loss of Ruth. Thank You for being My Jireh! Amen.

No comments: