Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Genesis 22; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Jireh"

 "Jireh, You are enough" is going through my mind this morning. He is enough for everything we need. He knows what is best and provides. We may not always see the provision but it is there. We may not always 'like' the way God works but everything He does is in our best interest. I want to have great faith like Abraham when God told him to take his son up on the mountain to sacrifice him. I wonder what was going through Abraham's mind. Was he begging God to not follow through or did he walk in faith that God would take care of things? Was his faith great enough to know God would do what was best? I cannot imagine all the emotions he went through on that trek up the mountain. When Isaac asked his father where the lamb was to sacrifice, what was going through his mind? Did he know he was the intended sacrifice? Did Isaac resist when his father bound him? What was his thoughts as Abraham raised his knife to kill him? So, so many questions about in these nineteen verses of Genesis 22. How did Abraham get such faith? How can I have such faith? Do I trust Him to provide? Do I trust Him to provide what is best for me? I am reminded of the words of Proverbs 3:5-6 that tell me to trust Him with my whole being. Do I do that? Do I allow Him to set my path straight as verse six reads? I know I need to get better trusting Him so I can walk by faith. The more I trust Him the deeper my relationship with Him will be. I want the trust and faith of not only Abraham but even his son Isaac. The fear the enemy pours down upon us does not come from the Lord. The fog in this picture I took one morning is where the enemy likes to keep us. He likes when we feel like we are walking around in a fog and can't make right decisions. That is not where God has us. The more we trust God the less the enemy's attacks will be for us. We will come out victorious through God knowing He is in control. Woo hoo

Jireh, You are enough
Jireh, You are enough
And I will be content
(Even in it)
In every circumstance

(You are) Jireh, (You are) You are enough 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Doug and I having a safe trip over to the cabin yesterday! Thank You for examples like Abraham and Isaac we have to read about in Your Word! Cleanse me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Take my faith deeper than ever before. I pray for many going through difficult times to have faith You will provide whatever they need. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, Pastor Donna and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! Thank You for being My Provider! Amen.



No comments: