Friday, October 13, 2023

Psalm 93; I Corinthians 13 - "Revelation"



God took me to Psalm 93 this morning. The last verse in The Passion Translation reads, Nothing could ever change your royal decrees; they will last forever! Holiness is the beauty that fills your house; you are the one who abides forevermore! David wrote this Psalm in awe of God pouring out His love, mercy, and grace over all who will accept it. I am so blessed to have been raised by godly parents who shared God's love freely with others. Even in times when money was tight they always found a way to be generous with others. What a legacy they left for all of us. I miss my Daddy and Momma. Some days it seems are so much harder than others. The last couple of days have been very hard. So many times I've wanted to call them to talk. So many things I've wanted to share with them. I've wanted to hear my Daddy say, "Now Sheila Babe you can't give up" or Momma say, 'Lean into God, Sheila Babe' as I deal with some things in life. Tears have fallen and emotions have been high. I am thankful for the years I had with my parents and for all the memories made. We never know when our time with loved ones will be over and need to make the best of every moment we have with them. I was thinking about relationships that need mending and healing to occur. This morning I am reminded of Paul's words in I Corinthians 13 that describes love. We neede to live with love as a way of life as we strive to live Christ-like. Relationships are not always easy yet they can be so rewarding. Being in relationship with God is very rewarding. Oh how I pray for more people to not just know Him but to be in relationship with Him. The last few nights when going to bed I've had a song Kari Jobe sings called "Revelation"...

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You
I will adore You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the memories Doug and I made yesterday and the ones we will make today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength for many. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Adoration! Amen.

93:5  Believers are now God’s house, made holy by the blood of Jesus. See1 Cor. 3:16  and Heb. 3:6you are the one who abides forevermore!

No comments: