Wednesday, October 18, 2023

John 14; Various Scriptures - "There Will Be A Day"

Every time I was up throughout the night God had a song going through my mind. Jeremy Camp sings "There Will Be A Day" which blesses me in abundance. This song is about the day when we get to see Jesus face-to-face. I can't even begin to imagine what that day will be like but I know I want to be present. The only way to do that is to live for Him while on this earth. I strive to live in His presence every day and do His will. I fail at times and beat myself up but then He reminds me I am His daughter and He loves me dearly. The song goes...

I can't wait until that day where the very one
I've lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I've faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame
And misery, this is why, this is why I sing
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place,
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face

Yes! The day He returns will be something no one can comprehend. It will be better than anything we've ever experienced. My heart breaks for those who are not in relationship with Him. It especially breaks for those who were in relationship with Him but fell away. Many times when I become discouraged I cry out and ask Him to return. I know I'm ready but then feel selfish because there are so many not ready for His return. It is in the times of discouragement I find peace in reading His Word. I came upon a chain of Scriptures to encourage me as I wait on Him...

Isaiah 25:8 "He will swallow up death forever and the Lord will wipe away our tears."

Daniel 12:13 "Go your way till the end; for you shall rest, and will rise to your inheritance at the end of the days."

Hosea 13:14 "I will ransom them from the power of Sheol. I will redeem them from death. O death, where are your thorns? O death, where is your sting?"

John 5:26-29 "For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself, and has also given him the authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this, for the hour is coming in which all who are in the tombs shall hear his voice, and shall come forth: those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."

John 14:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me. There are many rooms in my Father's house. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you... so I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

Acts 1:11 "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way that you saw him go into heaven."

IPeter 1:3 "An inheritance imperishable and undefiled, and that will not fade away, is reserved in heaven for you... In this you greatly rejoice... And though you have not seen him, you love him... with joy inexpressible and full of glory."

1John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when he is revealed, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

Revelation 1:7 "Behold he comes with clouds, and every eye shall see him."

Revelation 21:1-7 "I saw a new heaven and a new earth... Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and he shall dwell among them... and he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Revelation 22:4 "They shall see his face."

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Doug and I having the opportunity to visit with David and Loretta yesterday! Thank You for the beautiful weather we enjoyed after my time with Marion! Thank You for Your creation that reminds me of Your great artistry! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many discouraged. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! I pray Brian and his family will feel Your strength with the loss of Ruth. Thank You for being My Great Artist! Amen.

No comments: