Saturday, April 1, 2023

Jeremiah 17:7-8 - "Good, Good Father"

Life is full of disappointments. They come from people, circumstances, etc. God never disappoints. That is why it is so important to continue to trust Him with every aspect of life. It is important to allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords every day. It is important to live in His presence 24/7 and not only hear from Him but walk in obedience to Him. A life lived in this manner is one that is fulfilling and blessed. It does not mean life is going to be perfect but it does mean it will be 'good' in every sense of the word. He is a "Good Good Father" who loves us dearly. He loves us so much that He gave His Only Son to die for our sins. That type of love is amazing to think about. It is a love that is hard to comprehend or grasp. It is a love that goes so deep. The words to this song Chris Tomlin sings are on my mind this morning...

Oh, and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word
You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

I am amazed by His love for me. Every sunrise and every sunset is a gift that reminds me of His love. Every walk in this little place of paradise God has me is a gift He gives me to unwrap. Every person He puts before me to love on is another reminder He loves me so greatly and desires me to live as He desires. Yesterday was so awesome with starting the day off with breakfast and a walk at sunrise. I was able to introduce Doug to one of my walking buddies which pleased me. Shopping and lunch continued to be full of blessings. Working in the yard and discussing home projects continued to bless me. Having Andy over for dinner and him working on a home project was another blessing. Blessings abounded throughout the day. Woo hoo, God! The situations that were sad or trying made me look for blessings. Sometimes it takes digging to find blessings but when we look for them He will reveal them to us. I am so thankful for the way He lives in and through me. I am thankful for the way He allows me to love with His love.cDear Jesus, Thank You for the many blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for those who will participate in work day at the church today and for the work we will accomplish! Thank You for Doug giving insight to many projects that need done around the house! Thank You for Andy completing a house project yesterday! Yesterday was so full of blessings! There were times throughout the day that were sad and/or challenging but You opened doors to more blessings through them. Thank You seems so inadequate to say but that is what I lift up to You. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: