Thursday, April 6, 2023

Ephesians 1 - "I Have This Hope"

Yesterday was another day in paradise. Weather was absolutely perfect in the eighties and full sunshine. I started the day off getting things done in the office and then took a break to run errands and pick strawberries with Doug. After lunch I worked on church projects while he mowed the yard. Last night's church activities were such a blessing with the children having an egg hunt and the adults continuing with our study in Isaiah. After church we visited with a family and then came home to finish up a project for my morning speaking engagement. It was a full blessed day. Sometimes I have to pinch myself with my life. I have said it many times and will say it again. I am one blessed lady. In our Bible study last night we talked about the compassion Isaiah had for people who were living as God desired in the midst of many who were not. There was discussion about how some turned away from the idols they were worshiping and turned their eyes back to God. It made me think about when I turned away from God to do as I wanted instead of keeping my focus on what He desired of me. It brings tears to my eyes to think of that time in my life. I am ashamed of that time of my life and have to remember God has not only forgiven me but has also forgotten. Praise His Holy Name! We must remember to not live in the past but stay focused in the present and look to the future. Paul speaks to the Ephesians in chapter one of the past, present, and future. He explains how what we did in the past is already known by God yet Jesus' death on the cross took away our sins. Sin separates us from God. When we allow Him to be who He desires to be in our life and repent, that sin is in our past. It no longer effects our present or our future as we live with God being our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Verses seven through nine reads in the New International VersionIn him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespesses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose. God's love and grace are part of our past, present, and future. Paul writes in verses nine through fourteen about God's plan for our life. He sacrificed His one and only son for us to live. Jesus' death on the cross brought restoration for all. His death and resurrection gives us a purpose in life to live. That purpose is to live in God's love and grace. It is our task to share His love with all. We have hope in Him and need to share that Hope with others. We receive so much from Him and need to pass on those gifts to those who are not in relationship with Him. I am reminded of a song Tenth Avenue North sings called "I Have This Hope"...

I don't want to live in fear
I want to trust that You are near
Trust Your grace can be seen
In both triumph and tragedy
I have this hope
In the depth of my soul
In the flood or the fire
You're with me and You won't let go

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday and my time with Doug picking strawberries! Thank You for Paul's words of Ephesians 1 that remind me You are in control of my past, present, and future! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray a blessing over my speaking engagement this morning with the widows group. I pray someone will receive a healing in their spirit through the words You have given me. I pray for many going through difficult days to experience Your hope. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Past, Present and Future! Amen.

No comments: