Saturday, April 22, 2023

Paalm 61 - "He Knows My Name"


God took me to Psalm 61 this morning. I read it in different translations and settled in on The Passion Translation. This Psalm was written by David in a way that frequently happens in my life. I begin praying with tears and end praying with praises. No matter what we go through God is there to provide exactly what we need. He is so awesome! Life can be challenging yet He is always ready to love us through such challenges. Life can be perplexing yet He is always there to provide His wisdom. Life can be demanding yet He is always there to provide His strength through every situation we find ourselves in. Life can be scary yet He is always there to empower us to stand upon the knowledge He already knows the outcome. When we live a life of trust and faith on this earth, we will live for eternity with Him. There is so much comfort in this knowledge. I am so thankful for my relationship with God. I am thankful for the way He loves on me in the 'good' times and in the 'tough' times. I am thankful for each and every tear that falls because I know tears are a cleansing process. I am reminded this morning of the song He Knows My Name and feeling grateful that not only does He know my name but I know His name. This week has been challenging in many ways but it also has been full of blessings. This was my first trip to share 'Ohio life' with Doug. There have been a lot of 'firsts' that happened throughout the week. I love to see the way God continues to unfold our story and am so excited to see how He continues to do so. One thing I have appreciated the most is the comfortableness God has provided for us as we mesh our lives together. Our likemindedness is uncanny at times. Sometimes I have to stop and take a breath with the way we think in unison. One of us will say something only to find out the other one is thinking the same thing. God continues to cement our relationship together in so many ways. I think how David begins praying with tears and ends with praises. That is how many of our prayers seem to be. We laugh and say we are going to have to take stock in kleenex with as many as we go through. Once again I am reminded tears are not always a 'bad' thing. Tears are cleansing and enable us to get a new perspective. They are also a part of the process when our lives are filled with joy. There are times I am overwhelmed with life. Sometimes I am overwhelmed in a 'good' way and sometimes I am overwhelmed in a 'bad' way. No matter where I find myself I can stand upon Psalm 61:2. For no matter where I am, even when I’m far from home, I will cry out to you for a father’s help. When I’m feeble and overwhelmed by life, guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered. God is with me 24/7. I choose to live my life with Him 24/7. He Knows My Name...woo hoo!

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with every decision Doug and I made yesterday! Thank You for going before us and giving us peace with each decision! I pray for safe travels today as we go to Ben's kids recital and for our time with them to be full of blessings. I pray for my Momma to feel Your presence today in a very real way. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days. May we all remember Psalm 61:2, For no matter where I am, even when I’m far from home, I will cry out to you for a father’s help. When I’m feeble and overwhelmed by life, guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Splendor Shadow! Amen.

No comments: