Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Psalm 97:11-12 - "Good, Good Father"

Wow, yesterday was another day filled with blessings from start to finish! The Lord protected us in our travels; Doug met Ben, Emily and the kids; He was with him for his medical test; we had dinner and spent the evening with my Momma including cooking together as we prepared for today's lunch with family; and closed out the day with prayer time with Momma. God continues to be a "Good, Good Father" throughout my days. 

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

I so enjoyed the drive to Ohio with our conversation, singing with the radio, etc. I thought about the last time I drove to Ohio. I was alone so it made for a long trip. What a difference it made having Doug not only with me but driving the whole trip. He is such a blessing in my life. This morning God took me to Psalm 97. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Christ and pray daily for those who are not in relationship with Him to make that decision. Verse nine reads in the New International Version: For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods. Yes! He is worthy of our praise! He is the Only One we should praise and should be glorified in all we do and say. The last two verses of this Psalm are words every believer can hold onto. No matter what we go through in life He is there to shine through us. He is there to give us a joyful spirit in the midst of the hurts of life. We need to rejoice whether we are in a deep, dark valley or on the mountaintop. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm:

The faithful servants of God may well rejoice and be glad, because he is glorified; and whatever tends to his honour, is his people's pleasure. Care is taken for their safety. But something more is meant than their lives. The Lord will preserve the souls of his saints from sin, from apostacy, and despair, under their greatest trials. He will deliver them out of the hands of the wicked one, and preserve them safe to his heavenly kingdom. And those that rejoice in Christ Jesus, and in his exaltation, have fountains of joy prepared for them. Those that sow in tears, shall reap in joy. Gladness is sure to the upright in heart; the joy of the hypocrite is but for a moment. Sinners tremble, but saints rejoice at God's holiness. As he hates sin, yet freely loves the person of the repentant sinner who believes in Christ, he will make a final separation between the person he loves and the sin he hates, and sanctify his people wholly, body, soul, and spirit.

Henry reiterates the fact there is more to life than what we experience on this earth. When we are in relationship with Him on this earth, we will be in relationship with Him for eternity. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I also am grateful I choose to walk in His presence daily.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the blessings of yesterday with Doug and I having safe travels to Ohio, our time with Emily, Ben and the children, and being with my Momma for these days! Thank You for the way You continue to provide exactly what I need to glorify You! Thank You for the day ahead! It is jam packed full but I do not want to miss anything You have in store for me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; Cyndi; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; Sue; Kaytlin’s husband; and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My 'Good, Good Father'! Amen.

No comments: