Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "His Strength Is Perfect"

Good friends, good food, good conversation...what a good evening Doug and I had with Momma, Shirley, Terri, Brent and Sherry. God is so good to provide exactly what we need. In the midst of a lot of emotions as we mesh our two lives together God provided a time of relaxation. When I awoke this morning, my first thoughts went to Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation. As I prayed for them my thoughts moved to Sharon and her family with Ashley's situation. So, so hard to be where both of these parents are in life. I praised God for being with Little Judson's parents yesterday with his treatment. Once again, something a parent never wants to go through. The suffering we have on this earth is minuscule to what Jesus went through while He was here. I know God had the plan for His Son to die for all mankind. I often wonder how He got through that even though I know He is not human. I have often heard the saying, 'I would take their place if I could.' That is how I felt when Paul had meningitis at eleven months old. It is how I felt when Ben had such pain with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It is so hard to watch your child hurt. It is also natural for parents to want to do anything possible to take away the pain. As I looked back through the pictures taken Sunday/Monday I stopped at this one and thought about how my life started in Amish country sixty-one plus years ago. Over the years my parents have suffered a lot with not only me but my siblings. They watched two go on to be with Jesus which was heartbreaking. They experienced multiple health issues, divorces, etc. in their children and have leaned into their faith to not just get through the difficult times but to glorify God through them. We can't do anything on our own strength. We must allow God to be our strength. Physical strength as we allow God to heal us instantaneously, through doctors and medicine, over time, etc. Mental/emotional strength as we allow God to carry us through 'tough' days. Financial strength as we make wise decisions. Spiritual strength as we dig deeper in His Word and spend more time on our knees. "His Strength Is Perfect" is on my mind this morning. 

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the relaxing evening Doug and I had with Momma, Shirley, Brent, Sherry, and Terri! Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday and what will be accomplished today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. This morning I am praying especially for parents. Andy, Sharon, and Little Judson and so many others. My prayers are being raised for others also going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: