Friday, April 21, 2023

Psalm 16 - "Hills and Valleys"

 

God took me to Psalm 16 this morning. David wrote this Psalm showing the great confidence he had in the Lord. He reiterates the way he knows God protects him from harm. He not only realizes the value of a relationship with God but lives out that value to the fullest way possible. David is one of my heroes from years ago. His writings not only show his love for the Lord but they show how he depended upon God every day to not just get through the day but to glorify Him. I am one blessed lady. God provides for me in so many ways. Bringing Doug into my life is just one way He pours His love over me. Doug's support of me as a pastor is phenomenal but the way he leads me daily is the 'icing on the cake' so to speak. One of my greatest blessings of our relationship is him praying with me. It doesn't matter if we are together or apart his prayers bless me in abundance. His words of affirmation over me are another great blessing. Sometimes he embarrasses me when he brags on me to others but it still makes me feel blessed. God is definitely in the midst of the life we are crafting together and for that I am thankful. I also am thankful for people God has in my life who encourage me greatly. Verse three of Psalm 16 reads in the Voice: The beauty of faith-filled people encompasses me. They are true, and my heart is thrilled beyond measure. Woo hoo! My brothers and sisters in Christ are a great encouragement to me. Conversations with friends through texting yesterday filled my heart with joy. David describes the Lord in verse five as being his sustenance and my life giving cup. Those words hold such great meaning in my life. Without Him I would be nothing. The wisdom He pours over me every day is priceless. Decisions to be made are bathed in prayer for His direction. I am sure decisions would not be the right ones made without those prayers. David also realized living in God's presence is where life is the best (vs 8). His words are ones I live by daily. I will not live in fear or abandon my calling because He stands at my right hand. Woo hoo! David realized God is where we find a good life (vs 9) and where we find true joy and contentment. David went through many ups and downs in life yet God always loved Him through them. I love the words of Psalm 16 which remind me to glorify God no matter what. Sometimes we find ourselves on a mountaintop and sometimes we find ourselves in a valley. No matter where we are He is there to love us and direct us to where He desires us to be. I am reminded this morning of the words to the song "Hills and Valleys"...

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes
To the One who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain
I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley
I know I am not alone!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug not just being with me but especially leading me through the life we are crafting together! Thank You for friends who encourage me greatly! Thank You for our visit with Ross and Mary yesterday! May she continue to have boldness to proclaim what You are doing in her life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your true joy and contentment over many going through some "Hills and Valleys" in their life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; Cyndi; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Life-Giving Cup! Amen.

No comments: