Friday, April 28, 2023

Psalm 13 - "Hold On To Me"

The Lord took me to Psalm13 this morning. David experienced many low times in life where he became depressed. He had many times when he felt like God was so far away. Circumstances in life can be overwhelming. Some times to the point of where you find yourself falling apart not just emotionally but physically, mentally, and even spiritually. Emotions play havoc on every aspect of our life whether good or bad. The enemy walks into any open door we give him. He likes to mess us up so we will turn away from God instead of running into Him. We all have found ourselves where David was when he wrote Psalm 13. Depression is an emotion that is hard to deal with yet one we all experience from time to time. I love David's plea in verse three in The Passion Translation. ...Breathe your life into my spirit. Bring light to my eyes in this pitch-black darkness or I will sleep the sleep of death. Depression can feel like death. It also can be that we would rather die than deal with life. It is important to lean into God's strength instead of allowing the enemy to win. God is our strength when we allow Him. He is there to provide exactly what we need physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually at all time. When one is depressed, breathing is hard. Putting one step in front of the other to function is hard. But nothing is impossible with God. Before Jesus was born an angel told Mary nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1). Jesus told His disciples in Matthew 17 nothing is impossible when you have faith in God. Many times Jesus says in scripture how things that are impossible with man are possible with God. When depression sinks into our soul, those words are hard to hold onto. I have a song Lauren Daigle sings going through my mind this morning and praying for many going through difficult days to receive His strength.

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You
When I am sure I have reached the end
Hold on to me when I forget I need You
When I let go, hold me again

David's last words of Psalm 13 are ones I hold close to my heart when going through 'tough' days. They are words that give me hope in the midst of darkness. There are so many hurting people in my little world who I pray will find solace in God. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the safe travels for Doug and I yesterday and all we got accomplished once we were home! Thank You for Matthew's help with the cabinet! Thank You for the day ahead and for the way You will use us as You desire! Cleanse me so You fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray solace over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for Sharon and her family as they continue to learn to do life without Ashley on this earth. Thank You for being My Solace! Amen.

No comments: