Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Psalm 19 - "You Are Worthy of My Praise"


The Lord took me to Psalm 19 this morning and blessed me in abundance. He also blessed me with the song "You Are Worthy of My Praise" going through my mind every time I was awake during the night. Woo hoo, God! I love the way David describes nature in this Psalm. He begins with the knowledge of the heavens declaring God's glory and the skies proclaim the work of His hands in verse one. He continues in verse two describing how nature speaks. The honeysuckle in bloom last week 'spoke' to me with it's fragrance. It reminded me of just how sweet God's love is for me. It also reminded me of just how sweet I can be when I share His love with others. His fragrance is my fragrance as I allow Him to live in and through me. I want to be 'sweet smelling' as He is but the only way that can happen is to live in His presence. Striving to do so 24/7 is key if I want to be a reflection of Him. It is important to remember David's words in verses seven through nine...

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.

Verse ten describe the ways of the Lord as being more precious than gold...sweeter than honey. I love the word pictures David gives in his writing. I desire to live a life close to God so I can experience the closeness David had with Him. I want to make God proud of me every day through what I do and what I don't do. The final verse of Psalm 19 is my prayer. Once again the words to "You Are Worthy of My Praise" are going through my mind...

I will give You all my worship
I will give You all my praise
You alone I long to worship
You alone are worthy of my praise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and all that was accomplished! Thank You for the blessings ahead today as Doug and I continue to mesh our lives together! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Psalm 19:14 will be fulfilled in my life today. I pray for many going through difficult days to receive Your strength to not just get through their day but to glorify You through it. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Rock and My Redeemer! Amen.

No comments: