Friday, March 31, 2023

Psalm 17; Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7; Exodus 14:13-14;; Joshua 1:9 - "For The Good"

The Lord took me to Psalm 17 this morning. It is divided into three sections in The Passion Translation. Hear Me...Hide Me...Help Me. David was seeking more of God and desiring to live more as God desired of him when he wrote this Psalm. He petitioned God to not only hear him but to take care of him. The final statement in the Psalm is the result of my daily prayer when I ask God to cleanse me so He can fill me. I will be satisfied in an awakening of your likeness in me! Being like Jesus is my life goal. I want to be seen and heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I want people to experience Him through me. The only way that can be accomplished is by allowing Him to be my King of Kings and Lord of Lords. There are some days it is harder to strive for than others. When it seems like all is falling apart in my little world or when I am overwhelmed by the burdens of others, I have the choice to make on pressing into His strength more or giving up. He reminds me frequently I do not have to do anything on my own strength but instead need to lean into His strength (Philippians 4:13). He also reminds me I do not have to fear the things that come against me but instead need to stand in His empowerment (II Timothy 1:16). Another reminder from the Lord is priceless and that is I am never alone in the battles of life that come my way (Joshua 1:9). Moses' words to the Israelites in Exodus 14:13-14 are just as applicable today as they were many years ago. “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Praise God for His Word that gives us many promises to hang onto! I am blessed as we begin a new day for the knowledge that everything we do can be of God when we allow Him to be in control of our life. No decisions need made without His direction. He will hear us...hide us...help us! Woo hoo! I am reminded this morning of the song "For The Good" that Riley Clemons sings and feeling very blessed.

For the good, for the good
You work all things together
For the good, for the good
Your promise stands forever
You alone are my greatest hope
I trust You on the broken road
You work all things together like only You could
For the good

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the promises found in Your Word and the way You use Your Word to encourage us! Thank You for another day of life and the way You are going to use Doug and I to further Your Kingdom! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You, May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: