Thursday, April 27, 2023

Psalm 139:17-18 - "This Is My Story"

Five hours of travel with five hours of talking about Jesus, scripture, doctrine, ministry, etc. warmed my heart. By midnight I was exhausted physically which made my mental state challenged but it was a good place to be. One of the blessings with Doug is our conversations. Sometimes they go deep and sometimes they are just plain out fun. Talking about our beliefs and me answering his questions is so special to me. I shared with him last night about something scriptural that has been bothering me. I told him it came up as a question in my mind in the last couple of years. If I would have questioned it while Doc was still alive, I would have asked him. I shared Doc was more than my husband. He was my pastor and my mentor. When asked a Biblical question I did not know the answer, my response was ‘that’s a Pastor Doc question!’ I shared with Doug how Doc mentored so many in his lifetime. I was blessed when he told me that was the role I have in his life. Not only am I his wife but I am his pastor and mentor. What a blessing those words were to me. Last night when we talked about goals in ministry I was once again blessed. My heart breaks for those not in relationship with the Lord. It breaks for those who know who He is yet refuse to yield to Him. This morning I woke with the song “This Is My Story” on my mind. After we got on the road Doug shared he woke up with the same song. Wow, God! He continues to amaze me over and over again but I should not be surprised by anything He does in our life. 

This is my story, this is my song

Praising my Savior, all the day long

 

Woo hoo! When we allow God to be the Author of our story, we will realize each and every chapter be written exactly as He desires. One day this week I had the opportunity to pray with Cortney at Verizon in Wadsworth who is expecting her first child. I could not remember where it was found but I prayed Psalm 139:16 over the baby in her womb. He knows us before we are even born. I love that concept!

 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing of Roger helping load the trailer and for the safe travels as we head home! Thank You for being close to Sharon and her family with Ashley taking her last breath on this earth! I pray blessings over my Momma and others who are struggling with life. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being The Author of Our Story! Amen.


No comments: