Thursday, April 13, 2023

Numbers 6:25-26 - "Gratitude"


I started the day yesterday with the song "Gratitude" and put it into practice throughout the day. 

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

My day was full of praises to God. As we planted seeds into the ground I praised God for the way He will provide vegetables from our efforts. I praised Him for a visit with Debbie.  After the planting was done I praised God for the walk in the woods. When I came back from my walk, Andy asked how my walk went. My response was 'enlightening'! God once again encouraged me through our conversation. As Doug and I picked strawberries on the way home I once again praised God that I was able to do so even with my back causing issues. Once home I thanked Him for the heat pad I laid on. I praised Him for Billy, Sierra, and the little guys having dinner with us and for Doug making it. Going through clothes given to me with Sierra gave me another reason to praise Him as many were still new with tags. Talking with Ben on the phone was another opportunity to praise God.  At the end of the day I praised God for another day in paradise. It was not a 'perfect' day with messing up my back and dealing with some other issues but there is always reasons to praise God. No matter what we go through in life He is there loving on us. I get this picture of Him smiling down on me as I praise Him. I also know He shakes Him head at me and wonders what I am doing at times but thankfully He is a loving God who pulls me back into focus. I love the word picture from Numbers 6:25-26. God smiling down on me is a precious thought to ponder upon. He answers my prayers every day and for that I am thankful. Sometimes His answers are not what I desire but they are always what I need. This morning I am praising Him for peace that may not make sense to the world but does to me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with visits with Andy and Nick, Debbie, and Billy, Sierra, and the boys! Thank You for the conversation You and I had in the woods and for the way You are going to bless our efforts with the seeds planted in the garden! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, Cyndi, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.



No comments: