Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Psalm 97; Mark 12:30-31; I Thessalonians 5:16 - "My Story, Your Glory"



The Lord took me to Psalm 97 again today. I read it in different translations and stopped at verse ten. I do not like the word 'hate' but in several translations it is used in this verse. We are to be like God. Our actions, words, thoughts and attitude should be His if we truly want to be a beacon of light to this world. If God hates evil, then we should also hate it. Too many times we find ourselves in situations where we tolerate sinful things to not cause issues in relationships. If we truly love God as we are told in Mark 12:30, we will realize what He desires of us. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ If we truly realize what He desires of us, we will adhere to Mark 12:31. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” If we love others with His love, we will pray for them to come into relationship with Him. We also will pray for them when they fall into the traps of the enemy. Guzik shares as we live in this manner we receive great blessings. He writes of Psalm 97:

The psalmist described many ways that God blesses and protects His people.

· He cares for their souls.

· He delivers them from the wicked.

· He sends light before their path.

· He gives gladness unto them.

God's blessings are such a big part of my life. When life gets hard, He blesses me in abundance in so many ways to encourage me through such times. I am so thankful for Him and for who He is in my life. I love the ending of Psalm 97. Verse twelve reads in the New International Version: Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name. This Psalm begins in verse one with: The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice. We are given clear direction from the start to the end of this Psalm to rejoice in the Lord. The more we rejoice the more we will realize His love to a greater depth. Woo hoo! I often think about how the enemy does not like when we praise God. He does not like when we are joyful in all circumstances as the Apostle Paul tells us to be in I Thessalonians 5:16. The thing we must remember is no matter how hard life gets, no matter how our enemies push back on us, no matter what happens...we must never stop praising God. I have the song "My Story, Your Glory" on my mind this morning and feeling very blessed. I desire all that I do to bring glory to God.

My story, Your glory
My pain, Your purpose
My mess, Your message
In all things, I know You're workin'
One life, one mission
One reason why I'm livin'
All for You, not for me
My story, Your glory
 
Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Marlene and Bill meeting Doug and the fun time we had last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; Cyndi; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; Sue; Kaytlin’s husband; and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Glory! Amen.

No comments: