Friday, April 14, 2023

Psalm 50 - "Gratitude"

 


God directed me this morning to read Psalm 50. This Psalm is written my the musician Asaph. He describes a life with God as being one that will needs to be a life of obedience to His will. Those who do not live in this manner will not realize all God has to offer until they repent and seek Him. I love the last words of this Psalm. Whoever offers praise glorifies Me... Yes! The more I praise Him the more He will see my love for Him. When times are trying, I will praise Him. When times are good, I will praise Him. When days seem to go on forever due to the hurts of life, I will praise Him. Praising Him empowers me. Praising Him strengthens me. Praising Him not only shows God my love for Him but it draws me closer to Him. Praising Him solidifies my love for Him. My heart hurts for people who do not have a relationship with God. It hurts for people who hurt so much themselves they have to hurt others with their words and/or actions. The desire of my heart is to share His love with all I have contact with no matter if it is in person or through my writing/speaking, Once again this morning I have the song "Gratitude" going through my mind...

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for bringing Psalm 50 to my mind this morning along with the song "Gratitude" again! Thank You for Andy putting in the flooring and my time with Marion yesterday! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life! I praise You for each and every blessing You poured down over me yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, Cyndi, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. Thank You for being My Praise Maker! Amen.

No comments: