Sunday, April 2, 2023

Ephesians 6 - "Don't Lose Heart"

I love Sundays and I love Saturday nights when God has me praying for pastors. What a privilege it is to know God brings specific pastors to my mind. This morning I have a pastor in my prayers that is hurting greatly due to making some unwise decisions. As I prayed for him God brought his family to my prayers too. No matter what decision we make it effects more than just us. I was reminded of the importance of putting on the full armor of God found in Ephesians 6 every day before our feet hit the floor. Paul wrote in Ephesians 6 about how we can stand strong in the empowerment of the Lord when we put on this armor. Spiritual warfare is very real and hard to deal with when we try to do so in the flesh. We must lean into God's strength in order to win the battles the enemy puts before us. We also must realize the importance of keeping our mouths closed when God directs us to do so and to be bold when He directs us to speak. A key part of the armor of God is prayer. Verses eighteen through twenty read in the NIV

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Paul asks for prayers for himself in these verses. People struggle with asking for prayer but pastors especially struggle with it. Many times pastors are held to a higher standard because we are called by God. Therefore, we do need to strive to live as Christ-like as we can. What needs remembered is that we are human and will make mistakes. We also need to remember we are all called by God to function in one capacity or another to further His Kingdom. Some days are harder than others with spiritual warfare. Some days I feel like I am getting beat up over and over again but I must remember Ephesians 6:13...Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. I am reminded of the song Steven Curtis Chapman sings called "Don't Lose Heart" and feeling very grateful for God's strength in my life.

Don't lose heart
Don't you dare let go
I've been where you are
You are not alone
I know it gets dark
I know it gets hard
But we're gonna make it home
So don't lose heart

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with: all the work completed at the church; Doug power washing the house, washing the windows, taking care of dinner, etc.; the beautiful weather which included a nice walk in the evening; and many blessings throughout the day poured over me by people who love me! Thank You for the day ahead which as You know is one of my favs because I get to spend it with my church family! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Armor! Amen.

No comments: