Saturday, April 29, 2023

Matthew 22:38-40; John 21:15-23; Mark 12:30-31 - "God's Great Dance Floor"


As I finished up this week's sermon yesterday I honed in on John 21:15-23. Jesus sent Peter out three times to take care of sheep. But before He gave Peter the mandate, He asked him, Peter, do you love me? He asked Peter this question three times to underline the importance of the heart of missions. Why was Peter taking care of the sheep? Was it because he wanted to or because he felt obligated? Did Peter take care of the sheep because he desired to walk in obedience to Jesus or because he loved Jesus? So many questions come to my mind with this simple scripture. Why do I 'take care of the sheep'? Why am I a pastor? Is it because God called me several years ago? Why am I intentional on loving with God's love? I think of Jesus' words in Mark 12:30-31. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” When we love God with our whole being, we will love others the way He desires. This kind of love is one that pushes us out of our comfort zone when God puts opportunities before us. It is a love that blesses us greatly as we exercise it. Loving God to this extent gives us direction when our future is cloudy. It gives us words to speak in tough situations. Having this kind of love gives us a Christ-like disposition no matter what is happening in life. This kind of love brings joy in the midst of pain. I am thankful for God loving me enough to have His Son die for me. His love is the perfect example of how I need to love others. Before I can love Him or others I must love myself. This concept is something hard for many to comprehend. We must remember God made us. Therefore, we are not junk. Even with our flaws we are special. He knows our faults and He knows our successes. Sometimes I think He is looking down over me shaking His head saying, 'Oh Daughter, what are you thinking?!?!?' LOL. On the other hand, I also can imagine Him saying, 'Oh Daughter, I am so proud of you!!!' There have been many times I have heard Him ask me the same question He asked Peter. 'Do you love me?' Sometimes He has even asked me, 'How much do you love me?' I desire my answer to always be pleasing to Him. I was thinking this morning about a song Chris Tomlin sings called "God's Great Dance Floor." Last night as we danced in the Carolina room after supper I felt God's love so much pouring down over us. I am one blessed lady! Yesterday was another day full of accomplishments getting more of the house set-up as we mesh the two houses together. These days are tiring yet so full of God. Even when I feel like I can't continue on physically God is there providing exactly what I need. These words speak volumes...

I feel alive, I come alive
I am alive on God’s great dance floor

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for putting Doug in my life to love me with Your love! Thank You for our visit with Sierra and Billy yesterday morning and for Billy helping get the last of the furniture into the house last night! Thank You for continuing to be with Sharon and her family during these tough days! I continue to pray for Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation. Thank You for Sank who is such a good neighbor to my Momma! I am blessed by so many people in my life. I pray You will empower me to live out Matthew 22:38-40 every day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through tough days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Provider! Amen.

No comments: