Wednesday, April 12, 2023

John 3:16 - "Gratitude"

God is so amazing how He works. I only woke once during the night and it was to God speaking John 3:16 over me. I looked at the clock to see how soon I would need to be up and it was 3:16! Wow, God! I immediately asked Him to let me go back to sleep and not start my day at that time and He did just that. John 3:16 was one of the first verses I learned as a little girl. I am so thankful for the foundation of trusting God in my life. I am grateful for the knowledge He loves me so much He gave His Only Son for me to live. Woo hoo! When I think about that love, it makes me realize how blessed it is to be in relationship with Him. Sometimes I have to stop and pinch myself throughout the day as He pours His love into me. His love protects me from the hurts of life. Even though they still occur He is there to love me through them. His love gives me strength when I feel like I can't carry on. His love empowers me when fears creep into life. His love is perfect. I pray every day for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me to overflowing with more of Himself. I know a relationship with Him is crucial in life but it is especially crucial to be in relationship where not only is His voice heard but a walk of obedience to Him is necessary. As I write this morning the song "Gratitude" is playing on radio and blessing me in abundance. I can never repay Him for all He has done for me but I can bless Him by living a life that glorifies Him. That is my daily goal.

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug and I having lunch with Darrell, our visit with Marion and how well she did in PT, and my time with my friend Wanda last evening! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, Cyndi, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. Thank You for being My Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: