Sunday, April 30, 2023

I John 4:8 - "This Is Our God"

Yesterday was another day in paradise. Getting stopped by the bridge open reminded me to 'stop and smell the roses' as Doug says. I am thankful for days like yesterday with just two things on the calendar which left time for spontaneous activities. I loved going to the bagel shop to share a breakfast bagel and talking with Rainey. I also loved stopping in at Bay Street Jewelers to talk with our friends. I am always blessed with the butterfly release memorial the Hospice group facilitates. I am so glad Doug was here for it as we released a butterfly for my Daddy, Doc, and his Momma. I pray the items we dropped off at the Lending Room and Capa Closet will bless others. I so enjoyed Lucy's presentation at the church. The spontaneous activities came into play when we went to the beach in the late afternoon. I loved seeing my friends Terri and Sandy and introducing them to Doug. Changing supper plans and stopping in for pizza on the way home was truly a God thing. When we asked our server Adam how we could pray for him, he was so blessed and shared his father had long-term COVID. He returned to talk to us about how sad it is for people who aren't in relationship with God. He also shared how much of a blessing we were to ask how we could pray for him. In Doug's morning prayer he prayed about planting seeds. Throughout yesterday we planted seeds of God's love and I pray we will do the same today. Before going to bed, in the night, and again this morning I prayed for all pastors. I pray we all will plant seeds of hope in people who need to experience God in a new, different way. The only true hope comes from the Lord. A song Phil Wickham sings is playing on the radio as I write this morning. If I'm not mistaken, we sang this last Sunday when I went to church with Doug at OCC.

This is our God, This is who He is
He loves us
This is our God, This is what He does
He saves us
He bore the cross, beat the grave
Let Heaven and Earth proclaim
This is our God, King Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day in paradise Doug and I had yesterday!  Thank You for today being our one week anniversary of exchanging vows! Thank You for all the seeds we planted and for those we will plant today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray seeds of hope will be planted in many who are struggling. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! May You be so close to Sharon and her family. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: