Sunday, April 9, 2023

Psalm 37:4-5 - "Surrender"

Easter Sunday holds many emotions for most people. I have fond memories growing up in my family who celebrated Jesus' death and resurrection on this weekend. It was full of fun activities such as Easter egg hunts, family meals, etc. As a little girl I always had a new dress and many times had gloves, a hat, and a new little purse. Sunrise service was always a special part of Easter Sunday. Everything was focused on Jesus. Those traditions carried on when I had my boys. Last year I attended a community sunrise service before going to my church for Sunday School, church, and lunch. It was different with being outside at the waterfront and with attending alone. Life changes can be hurtful yet they can also be such a blessing. Fast forward to today. Easter Sunday 2023. I am blessed with God working the schedule out for Doug to be in town. I remember thinking about how I wish he could be but didn't think it was possible. But God... He gives us the desires of our hearts. As I look to the day ahead I am praying for people who will be in church services today for the first time in a while or perhaps even ever. I am praying for their hearts to be softened and ready to accept what God has for them. I also am praying for believers who are struggling with life to realize God wants to be their King of Kings and Lord and Lords. Easter Sunday is a day of celebration. What we must remember is we need to celebrate Him every day of our lives. We need to share His love with others every time He gives us the opportunity to do so. The only way we can live such a life is to "Surrender" to His will. We must not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him.

Here I am
Down on my knees again
Surrendering all
Surrendering all
Find me here
Lord as You draw me near
Desperate for You
Desperate for You
I surrender

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday! Thank You for the day ahead with great celebration of Your resurrection! Thank You for Doug being in town to celebrate our first Easter! I pray for every person who will walk into the doors of a service today to be ready for what You have in store for them. May we all be open to You. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray I will not miss any opportunity You give me to share Your love. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Carol and Dave with the death of his father and for Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen.

No comments: