Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Acts 2:42-47 - "Less Like Me"

Yesterday was our first full day of being married. After waking in the honeymoon suite at the Amish Door we went down to breakfast and then spent some time at the pool/hot tub. Before we left to head to our Ohio home we had communion. At church Sunday Alona gave us two communions. We already had the ones for Sunday's service but I felt the nudging of the Holy Spirit to take them. As we were walking out of church I clearly heard Him say, "You will use them, Daughter." It seemed so appropriate to take it together as we started our new life. I read from Acts 2:42-47 and Doug prayed before we took the elements. The time in the life of the church written of in Acts 2 was an exciting time. A lot was happening in the lives of the people. People were growing closer to each other as they did life together but most importantly they were growing closer to God. This is how I see our life. Doug and I have grown closer together. We also have grown closer to God in the process. Starting our days off with time with the Lord, praying throughout the day, and loving on people with His love is our normal. We talked yesterday at the time of our communion about how God will continue to use us to further His Kingdom as we allow Him to be the Center of our lives. He will open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed. Praise His Holy Name! The result of living such a life is found at the end of the this Scripture. We will see people come into relationship with Him and also see people drawing closer to Him as they see our example of living. I pray we see marriages restored by our example and relationships healed. At the end of the service Sunday we sang "Less Like Me" which blesses me in abundance every time I hear/sing it.

Somebody with a hurt that I could have helped
Somebody with a hand that I could have held
When I just can't see past myself
Lord, help me be
A little more like mercy, a little more like grace
A little more like kindness, goodness, love, and faith
A little more like patience, a little more like peace
A little more like Jesus, a little less like me

Yes! We must be more like Him if we want to be the people He has called us to be. Yesterday morning as I was writing my blog I looked in and saw Doug writing in his journal and was so blessed. The more we seek God the more we will realize what He has in store for us. The more we lay down our desires for His will the more we will realize His blessings. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being the example we need to follow every day to fulfill Your will for our life! Thank You for meshing Doug and I together in this new life together! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being Our Example! Amen.


No comments: