Monday, April 24, 2023

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 - "The Day Before You"

Wow, what a Sunday! I love Sundays but yesterday was the best! Worshiping at Orrville Christian Church with Doug was such a blessing. Seeing old friends and reminiscing about fun times growing up in that church was so rewarding. I am so grateful for Dave Shoup being such a valuable influence in Doug's life. I know he impacted my life as he led our youth group. The biggest thing of yesterday of course was getting married. It was especially a blessing with it being my Daddy's birthday. It made it seem like he was here with me. I know he would love Doug and be grateful for the way he takes care of me. That quality was one he always expressed appreciation for with Doc. It was such a blessing with having those that were able to make it on short notice be here to witness our vows. It was especially a blessing having my Momma here. I am grateful for Pam and Roger who took the time to make sure she got here. What a treasure to have Ben perform the ceremony and Emily take pictures. It was such an amazing day with so many added blessings throughout the day. Marlene and June taking care of the food gave me peace of mind. Hugs from little Liam and Braelyn with 'I love you' were another blessing. Spending our first night together in the honeymoon suite at the Amish Door was another blessing. The day was full of blessings from start to finish. We did the three cord strand in our wedding ceremony. This symbolizes the fact of there not being two of us in this relationship but three. God brought us together and continues to be with us every day. He is the One who we talk with frequently, listen to before making decisions, etc. The three strands represent what are life is built upon.

The Gold Strand symbolizes that the Lord Jesus has been invited to the position of authority in this marriage relationship.

The Purple Strand represents the groom. As a new creation in Christ, the majesty of the Groom is represented in purple. As he loves his wife and submits himself to the Lord, the Lord in turn will demonstrate His great love in the marriage relationship.

The White Strand represents the bride. Having been cleansed by salvation in Christ, the purity of the Bride is represented in white. As she honors her husband and submits herself to the Lord, the Lord in turn will nurture and strengthen the marriage relationship.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 reads, Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

I am reminded of a song Rascal Flatts sings called "The Day Before You"....

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
No I'm never going back
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all who helped making our wedding perfect! Ben, Emily, Marlene, June, Roger, Pam, and all who came to witness our vows. Thank You for Doug being my husband! My heart is warm as I watch him writing in his journal. Thank You for blessing me with him! Thank You for my Momma being strong enough to come to the wedding! I feel like since it was on my Daddy's birthday he was here too. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being Our Authority! Amen.

No comments: