Friday, April 7, 2023

Psalm 23 - "Good, Good Father"

Yesterday was another day full of blessings from start to finish. The Chamber event was so much fun with getting to know new people. Speaking to the widow's group was another blessing. Praying with multiple ladies afterwards gave me such joy. Spending time with Marion is always such a blessing to me. I continue to pray for her to recuperate from this surgery. Doug being my chauffeur gave me the opportunity for a power nap on the way back to Beaufort which was much needed. Selling the church trailer, spending time downtown with getting a new dress, dinner, a walk at the waterfront, and sharing ice cream was such fun! Having chocolates and coffee was the perfect way to end the day. Wow, God! Today is another full day with traveling to Charleston to participate in the Low Country Nazarene Good Friday service. I look forward to serving for my first time alongside pastors who speak Portuguese and Spanish. God continues to bless me in so many ways. He is such a "Good, Good Father" and for that I am thankful. Yesterday I shared with the widows group Psalm 23 from The Passion Translation. I shared about God being with us in a resting place (vs 2) where He seems more real to us than any other place. That place for me is the waterfront. There were times when it hurt to be there seeing couples kissing, holding hands, swinging, etc. But there are also the good memories I need to hold onto. The first time we stepped foot there and God spoke to me that Beaufort would be our new home is one memory that is so precious to me. Another memory of Doc's last trip there for a picnic we shared sitting in the truck is another precious memory tucked away in my mind. I shared with the ladies how my home is an oasis of peace (vs 2). I feel God's peace in abundance every time I go home but especially after a hard day in ministry. I have found myself walking in the valley of the deepest darkness many times in life. God has been with me every step of the way. My parents gave me a strong foundation of faith that taught me to trust Him at all time. I am so thankful for my upbringing and for every situation put before me to stretch my faith. He is there for us 24/7 to be our comfort (vs 4). He is also there to be our empowerment. Paul tells us in Philippians 4:13 we have His strength in the physical, mental, emotional, relational, financial, and spiritual sense. Verse six of Psalm 23 is experienced through living a life leaning into Him. The more we lean into Him the more we will receive from Him. I am so blessed to know He is in control of every aspect of my life. 

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with: the Chamber event; speaking at the widow's tea; time with Marion; selling the church trailer; downtown with Doug with shopping, dinner and ice cream, and a walk at the waterfront; and ending the day with chocolates and coffee! Wow, God You are so good to bless me! Thank You for the day ahead! I pray for today to be a day of reflection as we remember Your sacrifice for all. I also pray for safe travels as we go to the service in Charleston. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through the valley of the deepest darkness. May they experience Your peace in a mighty way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My 'Good, Good Father'! Amen.

No comments: