Monday, April 10, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "Goodness of God"

Woo hoo, God! Yesterday was such a blessed day from start to finish. I loved the community sunrise service even though it had to be moved inside due to weather. Children's Sunday School, morning worship with communion, lunch with my church family, baby dedication in the afternoon, and then a walk with Doug when the weather cleared made for a great day. Before Sunday School he took this picture of me. It reminds me of who I am in Christ. The path I am on is all God's journey. I spoke in the sermon of surrendering to His will with all areas of life. That is key to living a blessed life. When we give Him everything, it frees Him to give us everything He desires. He is God. Therefore, He is able to do everything. Unfortunately, we put barriers between us that take away from us. When we won't allow Him fully into our lives, we miss out on so much. There are times He puts things in our path to stop or slow us down. I feel like I have gone backward with this sore throat and have to stop and ask myself if it is a 'God thing' or not. I'm glad the day ahead is not crammed full after having such so much busyness last week. I need to focus on staying on task with God's business. This morning as I can't find important papers I got mad at myself and then thought of a sermon from a few weeks ago about how we need to not only forgive others but we also need to forgive ourselves. I didn't lose the papers on purpose. It was an accident. I thought about one of the points of yesterday's sermon and reminded myself I do not have to allow the enemy an open door into this situation. The point yesterday was: Here is the good news: God imagines a joyful life for you. Here is the bad news: When the earth shakes, people begin to tremble. My little world has been shaken many times yet God has always been there for me. His love for me is so great. I am grateful for every aspect of it. I have "Goodness of God" going through my mind this morning...

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank you for the many blessings of yesterday and for the ones ahead today! Starting the day with the community sunrise service was so special followed by Sunday School, morning worship with communion, lunch with my church family, a baby dedication and a walk with Doug when the weather brightened up were all blessings. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, Cyndi, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Carol and Dave with the death of his father and for Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen.

No comments: