Monday, April 3, 2023

Psalm 67 - "You're Worthy of My Praise"


It did not surprise me when God took me to Psalm 67 this morning. Yesterday was Palm Sunday which is a day of praise. Clay brought us into worship with "Goodness of God" and praised God. Afterward when I opened up for a time of praise many people shared which blessed my heart. God was in our midst in a mighty way. This Psalm begins with words that warm my heart. God, keep us near your mercy-fountain and bless us! And when you look down on us, may your face beam with joy! It is so rewarding to think about God looking down upon me with joy. Verse two tells us that He sends us out to love people with His love. It reads: Send us out all over the world so that everyone everywhere will discover your ways and know who you are and see your power to save. We are all called to further His Kingdom. Some of us are called professionally and some are called as lay people. We must remember we are all called and have gifts from God to accomplish what He puts before us. As we use our God-given gifts we will be blessed by Him in abundance. It is not a 'works-driven' relationship but it is a 'win-win' relationship as we live our His will for our life. I love the last verse of Psalm 67 in The Passion Translation. And the blessings keep coming! All the ends of the earth will give him the honor he deserves and be in awe of him! We need to praise God for the blessings He pours down over us. The more we praise Him and the more people hear/see us praising Him the more He will be glorified. The sore throat I have is aggravating but I praise Him I was able to preach the sermon He gave me for yesterday. There is always a reason to praise God. Always. Even in our darkest moments there is a reason to praise Him. I praise Him for the Hospice nurse checking on Momma last night. I praise Him for another day of life ahead. Woo hoo! I am reminded this morning of the song "You're Worthy Of My Praise" and thinking about the importance of praising Him no matter what is happening in life.

I will give You all my worship
I will give You all my praise
You alone I long to worship
You alone are worthy of my praise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I praise You for Clay ushering the service into a time of worship and praise and for the response of the people! I praise You for negative test results when I went to urgent care for the sore throat! I praise You for the comfortableness Doug and I have in life! I praise You for the Hospice nurse checking on Momma last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: