Thursday, April 20, 2023

Exodus 14:14 - "Something You Get Through"


Today is not only the ten year anniversary of my Daddy leaving this earth but also is the thirty year anniversary of my MS diagnosis. There have been many tough days over the last thirty years and I know I failed at times in glorifying God at times but I pray today He will be glorified in all I do and say. When my Daddy took his last breath on this earth and walked into the arms of Jesus, I was heartbroken. That morning was one of the hardest days of my life. No matter how much you think you are prepared for the loss of a loved one it is still a difficult thing to go through. Our situation with me bringing Doc home from his second knee replacement surgery the night before made it even harder. I was torn with being with my Momma and taking care of Doc. Once again God provided exactly what i needed. Thankfully we had great friends who made sure Doc was cared for while I was with my family that day. My Daddy taught me so much in life but the most important thing he taught me was to love and trust God. He taught me how to fight and never give up. He encouraged me throughout life but in his last few years of life on this earth his greatest encouragement came in the form of morning phone calls. If I were struggling with MS and not moving, I always heard the same thing. 'Now Sheila Babe you know you have to get up and get moving. If you don't, the MS will take over and you sure don't want that to happen.' I felt like I lost my biggest cheerleader ten years ago. He was always so proud of my accomplishments and let me know he loved me. He also gave me good advice. As I look back on life there are times I wish I would have listened to his advice more but thankful for when I did. I am also thankful for the times God spoke to him and he walked in obedience to what he was told. I was amazed at my Momma's response when we told her we were moving to South Carolina. She told us she already knew because my Daddy told her in one of their last conversations she needed to be prepared for my move out-of-state. I was blown away by this but I shouldn't have been. That is the way my God works. He prepares the way for us to not just get through circumstances but to glorify God through them. He has prepared the way for her to not just survive these last ten years without her love of sixty-six plus years by her side but to glorify God through them. My heart breaks for her as she is struggling with continuing in life. I don't know if she will realize today marks ten years since Daddy left or not. I am not even sure if I even want her to realize it because of the hurt she will experience. Life can be so, so sad but I am thankful for the hope I have in Christ. Praying with Andy over the phone last night with Katelyn's situation brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes I have to ask God, 'Why?' with people suffering so much. Life can be so overwhelming. The hurt people are going is hard to deal with yet I continue to love with God's love because that is my purpose in life. God gives me the strength every day to do what He desires of me. Some days are just harder than others. I am so thankful for Him bringing Doug into my life and the amount of praying we do together. He has given my spiritual tank a great boost with not just our praying but our conversations about God and scripture. God knew I needed him and provided. Praise His Holy Name. I shared a song with him this week that Willie Nelson did called "Something You Get Through" and was reminded of God's promise to me last spring that He had a man I already knew for me. God knows I need a helpmate and He provided. 

It's not somethin' you get over
But it's somethin' you get through
It's not ours to be taken
It's just a thing we get to do
Life goes on and on
And when it's gone
It lives in someone new
It's not somethin' you get over
But it's somethin' you get through

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for prompting me to pray with the cashier who was in such back pain yesterday! Thank You for all Doug and I accomplished with getting so much done! Thank You for bringing him into my life! I pray special blessings upon my Momma who is struggling physically and mentally. If she realizes today is the ten year anniversary of Daddy leaving this earth, I pray You will be so close to her. Thank You for being with me these last thirty years with the ups and downs of dealing with MS! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray special blessings upon many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; Cyndi; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My God! Amen.

No comments: