Sunday, April 23, 2023

Numbers 6:25-27 - "Brighter Days"

Hearing "Grandma Sheila" warms my heart so much. God blessed Doug and I yesterday with time with Ben, Emily, and the children as we watched their spring recital and took them out for an early dinner. I love spending time with them and getting lots of hugs. Sitting around the dinner table hearing all the conversations happening is such a blessing. Having Little Weston wanting to sit by me makes me smile. We are spread all over the United States which makes it hard to live so far away from family. I am so thankful God is always with me and provides time with family. I remember telling God 'No!' when He said we were going to South Carolina. I am thankful we walked in obedience to His will. I remember saying 'No!' when He told me to go to Nazarene Bible College for preaching classes. Once again, I am thankful for walking in obedience to Him. Living in His presence and walking in His will is the best life to live. This morning I am reminded of last spring when I prayed for a man in my life. God told me He already had one chosen for me and he was someone I knew. I went through the list of single men I knew and came up empty. I knew God would reveal him to me in His time. I was somewhat surprised when it was Doug who I have known since kindergarten. I thought God meant someone in my life now. Fifty-five years ago when we were five years old we were together in Mrs. Draman's class. Throughout school years we shared some classes, had conversations, etc. I am so blessed as we reminisce about our growing up days. Now we look forward to our growing old days together. Woo hoo! Yesterday we watched little Weston talking non-stop to a little friend. He is five. The same age as we were when we met. Doug told me to take a picture. He told me someday we may be surprised they grow up to be married. LOL. I shared the story of the Moody's coming to Orrville and them coming over to our house for lunch their first Sunday at the church. I thought it was so cool how God gave us the memory of celebrating Emily's thirteenth birthday in our home. Fast forward to today and she is my daughter-in-law and mother to five of my grand babies. God provides some pretty awesome things in life. Sometimes we don't even realize the blessings until later. Hearing God's voice is perhaps one of my biggest blessings. When I hear it and walk in obedience to Him, I am one blessed lady. He has been speaking some powerful things over me most recently and for that I am grateful. He has opened doors I thought would never be opened again when he brought Doug into my life. Once again, I am grateful. He reminded me this morning there are "Brighter Days" ahead in my personal life and in my professional life. He brought to my mind the words spoken over me a couple months ago by a young man about how as I continue on and not give up I will see great things happen in our church. Last night as I fell into bed exhausted I was thankful for the prayers Doug spoke over the telephone over me. Those prayers were answered with Momma sleeping all night. These are 'tough' days watching her decline. I know she has "Brighter Days" ahead when she leaves this earth and for that knowledge I am thankful. I know there are "Brighter Days" ahead for many going through 'tough' days as they allow God to be their strength and empowerment. May we all remember the words Blessing Offor said about life. There’s a storm outside right now. That’s reality but that doesn’t mean the sun isn’t shining or won’t shine again. I think God shows us reality all the time, we like the cheap high sometimes instead of the real, real, real stuff.

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I know there's gonna be some brighter days

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the time Doug and I had with Ben, Emily, and the children yesterday and the memories made! Thank You for a night of much needed rest! I pray blessings over Momma as she continues to decline. Thank You for this time I have to be with her! Thank You for being with Pastor Cait this morning as she preaches her first sermon! May she feel Your empowerment. I pray the same for all pastors today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through my words, attitude, actions, and thoughts. May those going through 'tough' days feel Your empowerment. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Brighter Day Maker! Amen.

No comments: