Sunday, April 16, 2023

Ephesians 2:10 - "Easy To Praise"

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I love to gather with my church family to worship. I also love to present what God has given me to preach. This week I was interviewed about the process I go through to craft and present a sermon. I reiterated the fact of how much I love the process. Each week it seems like I draw closer to the Holy Spirit as I go listen and write. When God called me to preach twelve years ago, I argued and asked why I would go to school for that when Doc was the preacher in the family. I am thankful God was insistent and did not let me stray from obedience with the answer. Fast forward to 2020 when Doc left this earth it all made sense. I am grateful for his last couple of weeks when we 'tag teamed' preached. I also am grateful for the way God uses sermons to speak to me. Today's sermon comes from I Samuel. It is about how little Samuel grew into a strong man. In I Samuel 2:26 it reads, Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew taller and grew in favor with the Lord and with the people. Samuel not only grew physically but he grew spiritually. He continued to grow in God's favor as he walked in obedience. He realized the importance of the lifelong journey including listening, leading, and learning. If we stop any of these, growth in our spiritual bodies will stop. I never want to stop growing in my spiritual walk. I desire to go deeper in my faith as I trust God with every aspect of my life. Yesterday as I mowed for the first time in a few years I praised God for Chris who mowed for us after Doc was diagnosed with the pancreatic cancer. I praised God for Doug who ran the weed eater and trimmed the shrubs while I mowed. I praised Him for the sun shining down on me but most importantly the Son shining down on me. When we went to walk at the beach, I praised Him for our time with Nick. He has been such a cuddle bug this weekend. I love that! As I climbed into bed last night I praised God for another day in paradise. I love my little world and am so grateful to live in such a beautiful place. I have the song "Easy To Praise" going through my mind this morning...

So I'll praise You in the morning
I'll praise You through the night
All my life, I'm praising
'Til the day I die
Then it's only just beginning
I'll join the mighty roar
Of Heaven singing, "Worthy, worthy
Is the Lord"

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday and for the time Doug and I had this weekend to enjoy Nick! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Thank You for answering the prayers I presented to You before falling asleep, twice during the night, and then again this morning for all pastors! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for bringing peace to those going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, Cyndi, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. Thank You for being My Praise! Amen.

No comments: