Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Psalm 59 - "Rescue"

God woke me up with direction to read Psalm 59. David wrote this Psalm at a time in his life where his enemies were so real. His writings reveal many times when people were against him and he felt overwhelmed. I have gone through such times and can remember how I felt like I just could not do anything right in some people's eyes. I could not say the right words to please them. It is in such times we must remember God is the only one we need to please. People are human. Therefore, they say hurtful words and do things that cause us to scratch our heads. God is there to empower us through such times. He is there to love us through times of anxiety brought on from such situations. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

In these words we hear the voice of David when a prisoner in his own house; the voice of Christ when surrounded by his merciless enemies; the voice of the church when under bondage in the world; and the voice of the Christian when under temptation, affliction, and persecution. And thus earnestly should we pray daily, to be defended and delivered from our spiritual enemies, the temptations of Satan, and the corruptions of our own hearts. 

Staying in communication with God is key to living a life blessed by Him. Communication must be a two-way street. We must speak our prayers but we also must do as verse nine reads in the New King James Version. I will wait for You, O You his Strength; For God is my defense. As I read this Psalm this morning God brought "Rescue" that Lauren Daigle sings to my mind...

I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
There is no distance
That cannot be covered
Over and over
You're not defenseless
I'll be your shelter
I'll be your armor

He was David's Strength and defense just as He will be ours. He desires to see us have victory over every adverse situation brought before us. Yesterday as I shared my testimony on Scott's podcast I was reminded of the victories I have had through His Strength and defense. Woo hoo, God! Over and over again He has given me exactly what I needed to overcome obstacles before me. I am one blessed lady! The key is not only hearing His voice but walking in obedience to Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Mike and Larry helping get the flooring! Thank You for a day of doing life with Doug! What a blessing He is in my life. Thank You for one who reached out for counseling and prayer! May You be so real to them. Thank You for Momma not needing a transfusion and for Sank taking her for a shot! Thank You for Scott giving me the opportunity to share my testimony on his podcast! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your Strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, Cyndi, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, Sue, Kaytlin's husband, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. May You be so close to Pastor Sylvia with the loss of her precious husband. I pray for Jill to feel Your healing touch with her procedure. Thank You for being My Strength and Defense! Amen.

No comments: