Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Psalm 31 - "Goodness of God"

The Lord took me to Psalm 31 this morning. The last two verses prompt us all to praise God. David wrote of how much living in God's presence is a blessing in this chapter. He ends the chapter with speaking of the hope we have in loving the Lord. David realized he needed to share God's love with others. We need to do the same. When we find solace in the Lord, we need to share it with others going through trying times. When we find joy in the Lord, we need to share it with those struggling to see the cup half full. When we find hope in the Lord, we need to share it with those feeling like they are at the end of their rope. God not only loves us but He expects us to show others how to love Him. We have so many reasons to love God. Spurgeon gave this list which is not complete but holds much insight:

· Love God because of the excellence of His character.

· Love God because it is such a pleasant and profitable exercise.

· Love God because it is so beneficial to do so.

· Love God because it is the way to be cleansed from sin.

· Love God because it will strengthen you in times of trial.

· Love God because it will strengthen you for service.

· Love God because it is most ennobling.

A few weeks ago in the sermon I mentioned how we cannot experience God's fullness until we realize His love. He gives us so many reasons to love Him. Some of them are easy to see while others are not. No matter what we need to share His love with others. David encourages us in this Psalm to do just that. He encourages us to think about our relationship with the Lord and live in His presence. He encourages us to live in God's strength as we trust Him with every aspect of our life. In one of Spurgeon's prayers he wrote, If you are indolent, like that, you must not expect the grace of God to operate upon you as though you were a block of wood, and could be made into something against your will. Oh, no! You must determine to be of good courage. I praise God for the way He works through His Word, songs, etc. I am reminded this morning of the words to "Goodness of God" and feeling very thankful for Who He is in my life.

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love that You pour out on me in abundance! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your love to be poured down upon many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: