Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Philippians 4:4-7 - "Oceans *Where Feet May Fall)"


Yesterday was such wonderful from start to finish. I enjoyed showing Doug my little world and the weather was beautiful even though a little on the cool side. It was amazing to run into a fellow classmate at lunchtime in downtown Beaufort. She was also with us from kindergarten through graduation. We spent the evening with the Beckett Family and MaryBeth. I absolutely love having four children wanting my attention. They are such a fun family and I can't wait to get together with them again. Good food and good fellowship was the agenda for the evening. Seeing the sunset on the way back to drop Doug off at his hotel was once again a gift from God. Today is a new day and will be filled with more adventures. I am thankful he is here with me for my ultrasound appointment this morning. For the first time in over three years I do not have to walk into the Breast Health Center alone. I am thankful God orchestrated this appointment while he is here. I also am thankful God gives me peace with this situation. No matter what the outcome it will be ok. That knowledge is priceless. I am reminded this morning of the words of Paul in Philippians 4:4-7. It reads in the NIV:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

There are some key lessons to be reminded of from Paul's words. No matter what is happening in life we need to be joyful. God is with us on the mountaintop and He is with us in the valleys. He never leaves us but instead draws closer to us as we allow Him. Because He is always with us we do not have to fret over anything. Instead we can lean into His strength especially during trying times. Communication with Him is key both on the mountaintop and in the valleys. Communication must be a two-way street where we not only speak but especially need to listen to Him. When we hear His voice, we need to walk in obedience to Him. As we live in this manner we will realize a peace from Him that does not make sense to the world. Praise His Holy Name! The song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)" is on my mind this morning as I think about today's appointment. I cannot allow the enemy an open door into this situation but instead need to stand strong in my faith.

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with: Doug being here to see my little world; the surprise of seeing our classmate Linda at lunchtime; the evening with Sierra, Billy, MaryBeth, and the kids; and seeing the sunset when going back to drop Doug off at the hotel! It was a day full of gifts from You that I pray I unwrapped in the way You desired. Thank You for the day ahead and for him being here for my ultrasound! May I remember Paul's words from Philippians 4 and not be anxious over this appointment. Thank You for blessing me in abundance in so many ways! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace as Paul speaks of over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Gift Giver! Amen.

No comments: