Monday, March 27, 2023

Psalm 78 - "Healer"

God took me to Psalm 78 this morning to ponder upon. The first four verses were a warning to Israel to not do as their ancestors lived. Verses five through eight encouraged them to teach the generations to come about the way to live for God. Jesus used parables to teach while on this earth and continues to use them to teach all who read them in His Word. I love being a sponge with His Word. Every time I open it up I learn something new. It doesn't change but my mindset changes. The circumstances I find myself in can be different which in turn gives me a different set of eyes as I read it. When I see adults who were raised in a Christian home, I see many differences in them then those not raised in such a manner. Even if one only had God part-time in their life there is still a difference. The foundation set in our life that includes God is one that will build a stronger life. Such a foundation is one that finds peace in the midst of the storms of life. It finds God's love flowing instead of being stagnant. A strong foundation is one that is a blessing. I am so thankful for the foundation my parents had throughout my life. It was a foundation built on God's love that trusted Him with every aspect of life. No matter what happened in life their foundation never crumbled. There were some 'earthquakes' that may have made it move a bit but it never moved away from God. Instead the 'earthquakes' of life made our foundation stronger. How can that be possible? It is possible by the way my parents trusted God and taught me to trust Him. I remember not long ago making the old comment about life not being a bed of roses just because you follow God. The lightbulb came on as I thought about a bed of roses. Yes they are beautiful but they also prick you with their thorns. That is a good word picture of life. It can be beautiful but at the same time there are things/circumstances/people that cause you hurt. As you stand firm on God's foundation there will be beauty come from that hurt. The Israelites forgot all God did for them in the wilderness. We need to never forget all He does for us but instead need to rejoice for His love, mercy, and grace. Verse seven of Psalm 78 is key in how to not only live with the foundation of God as our life but to continue to stand firm when the 'earthquakes' happen in life. Trusting Him with our whole being is key. That means trusting Him with our checkbook, our calendar, our family...every aspect of our life. There are physical, mental, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual needs represented on my prayer list. I pray for each and every one of them to realize the importance of having a firm foundation with God. I pray for all to realize His love to a greater degree than ever before and for all to receive healing. I am reminded this morning of the song "Healer" as I pray...

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe
And I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the challenges of the day that pulled me into You more than before! Thank You for having Doug in my life who prays with me through such challenges! Thank You for Cait's hug that I needed so badly when I was falling apart! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through difficult days to receive Your strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Earthquake Calmer! Amen. 

2 comments:

Regina Sanders said...

What a beautiful post! May God continue to be your earthquake calmer, storm remover, and strength in all things. God bless you šŸ™ ❤️

My Strength said...

Thank you Regina! Blessings...