Friday, March 10, 2023

James 1:2-3 - "Long Black Train"

Doug shared the song "Long Black Train" with me yesterday and it blessed me in abundance. This song is about how people deal with life. Depression, temptation, hurts of the heart, etc. are a part of everyone's life. It can be very hard to come out of such things but there can be victory as we allow God to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is our strength in our weaknesses. He is the answer to everything that happens in life. As we allow Him in our life we will experience His joy to a greater degree. James 1:2-3 tells us when we go through storms in life we can know there is light at the end of the tunnel as we stay focused on Him. We may go through times of bitterness, impatience, anger, etc. in the process because we are human but we don't have to stay there. The closer we draw to the Lord the more our life will change. Reading the Bible, praying, listening to sermons, etc. are a large part of changing our life. God uses nature and music to make me realize what He desires of me. Many times walking on the beach at sunset brings such peace. God has shared many times with me about how yes it is the end of another day but He promises He will be with me tomorrow. Other times He has encouraged me to not give up with circumstances I am facing. Just as there is beauty in the sun setting there can be beauty in my life as I let go of things and allow Him to work in and through me. I was reading about how God changed one woman's life through this song. She was ready to commit suicide with pills because she just felt like she couldn't do life any longer. She wrote, "That song changed my life." God used the artist to write the song to save this woman's life. He gave her victory over her depression just as He gives us victory over the 'junk' that comes into our life. When I open my office door and see the piles of papers, craft supplies, etc. it can be overwhelming. When I take the time to put things in their place, file, etc. I receive joy in having a clean office. The same can be said about our spiritual walk. We can become overwhelmed with the 'junk' in our life but when we set things right with God we will have victory. Praise His Holy Name!

Cause there's victory in the Lord I say

Victory in the Lord

Cling to the Father and His Holy Name

And don't go riding on that long black train

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this song Doug shared with me yesterday that blesses me in abundance! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love! Thank You for dinner last night with Amy, Andy, and Nick and for the laughter and conversation! Thank You for going before me today and providing safe travels to the Ministry Assessments! I pray for those being assessed to have open hearts to what they receive during this time. I also pray for many going through difficult days to receive victory in You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: