Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Psalm 5 - "You Will Be Found"


God hears every prayer we give Him. The ones we speak. The ones we think. The unspoken ones. Sometimes we pray for something over and over and feel like He isn't listening because He doesn't answer us right away. We must remember God's time is not always what we think is what we want but we can be assured it is the best time. This week has been full of prayer requests. There have also been praises along the way. I shared with Doug about how God reminded me I need to not allow the hurts of life to overpower the joys of life. The tears fell when I shared with him a burden on my heart. His response was praying with me over the phone. That prayer not only gave me peace but it enlightened me to think in a different way about the burden. Prayer is crucial in our relationship with God. We must have communication with Him. That communication is not for His benefit because He already knows all but it is for our benefit. Sometimes we need to think things through or talk things out in order to get a better grasp on the situation we are facing. Psalm 5 encourages us to bring our requests before the Lord each morning and wait upon Him. My mornings start out a lot earlier than they used to which is strange yet have become a comfortable normal for me. No matter what time I wake I am blessed through my time with praying, reading His Word, and writing what He gives me. A day is not 'right' without these activities to start it off. David was crying out to the Lord in Psalm 5. Some mornings are cries for help not only for myself but especially for others. The thing I try to always do even in the midst of the cries for help is to praise Him. I am reminded of the acronym for pray. Praise. Repent. Ask. Yield. When we start each day with this mindset, God will be blessed. I heard a song Natalie Grant and Cory Asbury sings called "You Will Be Found" and thought about all the people in my little world who are struggling. Some of them are in relationship with God and others are not. God put me where I am today to show people how to love and depend upon Him. I am so grateful for the opportunities He gives me every day to love on people. As I reflect on my life I realize just how instrumental He was over the last sixty-one plus years to take adversity and turn each one into teaching moments. It all comes back to trusting Him and allowing Him to have control over my life. 

Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
And when you're broken on the ground
You will be found
So let the sun come streaming in
'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again
Lift your head and look around
You will be found


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the many times Doug prayed with me, my visit with Sierra and Billy, traffic court time being behind me, my Momma receiving the blood she needed, and my conversation with Amy that blessed me greatly! Thank You for the day ahead and for the opportunities You will put before me to love with Your love! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. There are so many people on my prayer list struggling with life issues. May they experience Your empowerment. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Joy Maker! Amen.

No comments: