Monday, March 20, 2023

Psalm 118:24 - "Today Is The Day"


Sundays are so special with sharing them with my church family. Yesterday was full of good times with them. Having five children in Sunday School and eight there for children's church blessed me in abundance. Going to lunch with some after church with lots of fellowship was another blessing in my day. Receiving messages about the service encouraged me to continue presenting what God gives me each week. The icing on the cake for my Sunday was picking Doug up at the airport last night. A full yet blessed day that was definitely God given. Woo hoo! Today is a new day. What lies ahead is only known by God. There are things I want to accomplish, places I want to go, etc. but the most important thing is to do what God desires. He is in control and already knows the outcome of the day ahead. He gives each and every day to us as a gift. It is up to us on how we unwrap it. Some days I see myself unwrapping it slowing while others I unwrap it quickly. The day ahead is going to be full of blessings and how I receive and accept them will determine to what degree they will be for me. Some gifts in life are received knowing the giver put a lot of thought into them. That is how I see the day ahead. God has given it to me to enjoy, to learn from, to be blessed by, etc. He has given me the gift with a purpose and that purpose is to enjoy it through His love. I am reminded this morning of the song "Today Is The Day" and feeling very blessed with the knowledge that God made the day ahead for me. He made it for me to enjoy and as I walk in His love I will experience exactly what He desires for me to receive. 

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my church family who love on me well, for people outside of my church who encourage me as a pastor, for Tim being with Momma this weekend, and for bringing Doug to visit! You bless me in so many ways and I am grateful for each one of them. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of you. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May there not be any doubt in anyone's mind who You are in my life. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Day Maker! Amen.

No comments: