Sunday, March 26, 2023

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "Amadeo"

Wow, does God ever come through in some big ways! He answered so many prayers yesterday. I prayed for... 

  • ...physical strength to not just get through the day but to glorify Him through it. 
  • ...people to come and buy from the church sale.
  • ...workers and was blessed with many.
  • ...contacts with people looking for a church.
  • ...the rain to hold off until after sale.
He answers our prayers in different ways. Sometimes they are answered with a 'yes' and other times a 'no.' Sometimes they are answered in a different timing than we desire but He always answers them in His perfect timing. One of my biggest blessings yesterday was receiving texts every little bit from Doug encouraging me as he knew it would be a tough day. I am so thankful for him in my life and for the way God has him in tune with what I need. I am thankful that even though we are seven hundred miles apart he still takes care of me. The day ahead may be a bit challenging as I am tired and achy from yesterday. But it is my favorite day of the week and I refuse to allow the enemy to play havoc in my day. This morning I am praying for everyone who worked at the sale today to be renewed in their spirit. I pray for physical bodies to work in the midst of the pains. I pray for mental bodies to work in the midst of the tiredness especially for my brain and mouth to work together for preaching. Tiredness makes for interesting times when you deal with a disease such as MS but God is greater than those issues. I prayed during the night and again this morning for all pastors to have God's supernatural strength. I prayed for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all the spiritual needs of all. I asked God to be so very real to all of us and bless us in abundance. Paul's words in I Thessalonians 5:16-18 remind me that no matter what is ahead in the day I need to praise God, continue to pray, and be thankful. Doug recently shared an acronym from one of John's sermons on prayer. Praise...Repent...Ask...Yield. This way of praying is based on the Lord's Prayer and can be followed by all. Sometimes we are without words and don't know how to pray but following something as this simple acronym will direct our prayers. I am reminded this morning of the words to the song "Amadeo" that Ryan Stevenson sings. Sometimes we pray and it seems like God doesn't hear our prayers yet we truly know He does. I am so thankful for this knowledge...

You are still my God
You're still my rock
My only hope Lord, You're all I've got
In every valley or mountaintop
I'll say hallelujah
You're still my God


Dear Jesus, Thank You Jesus for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for those who worked at the church sale...Amy and Andy; Jo Ann; Pastor Cait; Betty; John and Terri; Mike; and Debbie! Thank You for the way Doug encouraged me through texts throughout the day! Thank You for the way You provided strength, customers, contacts, etc.! Thank You for today being Sunday...my favorite day of the week! Thank You for providing strength for all who are tired from yesterday! I prayed during the night and again this morning for all pastors to have Your supernatural strength today. Some need a boost of physical strength while others are feeling pretty low emotionally. I pray You will be greater than the hurts of life for all. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for Tim being with Momma last night especially with the storms. I pray Your peace over her and others going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My God! Amen.

No comments: